Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this quad up for 50 bucks on friday. It started and ran, I drove it up the road and back and parked it for the night. Went to start some work on it yesterday, and there seems to be a hose missing from the carb. I can't find it close by, and when it stops running gas just pisses out of this piece that the hose connects to. It is on the right side and it is at the very bottom of the carb. Anybody know what this is or does, or know what it should be connected to?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Sounds like the float bowl overflow, maybe the float is set high?

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
it does sound sound like the float overflow try running some sort of fuel additive in the tank to try and clean out the carb, if that dont work try to take the float bowl out and clean the float with some carb spray.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
first thing id do would be to change the oil, since u got it for 50 bucks its prob somewhat old. Check to see if there are any metallic flakes in the oil or what not, also note what color and thickness it is. This will all tell you the condition of the engine inside

·
Registered
726 Posts
check the floats and needle and seat a lot of the time on stuff that sits they will stick maybe open and is just pouring fuel all the time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts