Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few vid caps from the last episode of "Survivor".
I just quickly snapped these from the video I downloaded from
Kazaa-lite. I thought someone might be interested.
Pete

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
cool pics

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
the subtrae looks like a bunch of fallen leaves... kind of makes you wonder if that would work in a home aquarium...
I think it would not be a problem, if you know which leafs to use and how to treat them first (I don't know it): I've seen it before and it does look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw the episode, their challange was to catch as many fish as possible. Between both teams they cought like, 80 p's. They just through them in to a basket. I cant imagine how much money worth of fish that they ate.

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got another video , I'm not sure where I picked it up at .
It looks like it was picked from a TV documentary.I might have even gotten the link from here, I'm not trying to steal anyones vid.
here's a few captures from it , If anyone want's it , just contact me through ICQ 130851925.

Pete

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Judazzz said:
SnowCichlid said:
the subtrae looks like a bunch of fallen leaves... kind of makes you wonder if that would work in a home aquarium...
I think it would not be a problem, if you know which leafs to use and how to treat them first (I don't know it): I've seen it before and it does look pretty sweet.
I did a post on that topic on Pfish a while back, general census was that only certain leaves are safe, they must be dried out first and cant have any chemicals on them. Many people do use leaves do a search on the net

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bobme said:
Nice photos of your movie, what did you search for in Kazza?
The first caps are from Survivor 6 Amazon. Search for
"Survivor 6 Amazon EP04". The second captures are from a video I came across some time ago , Sorry I don't remember where :sad: It's only
3 mb though and I can send it , I only use ICQ.
Pete

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
Judazzz said:
SnowCichlid said:
I did a post on that topic on Pfish a while back, general census was that only certain leaves are safe, they must be dried out first and cant have any chemicals on them. Many people do use leaves do a search on the net
Thanks for the info, Nate.
I have another question about leaves: Do you know anything about controlling waste and food leftovers when using leafs as a substrate? I guess it can be become really messy, if it gets stuck underneath the leafs... High maintenance, I guess.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about doing the whole leaf substrate thing when we discussed it awhile back on Pfish. The crazy fish guru who was describing how to do this probably said that you have to use fallen leaves, because the nutrients have been sucked back up into the tree. These leaves are not toxic if washed properly. cleaning the substrate would SUCK though. A better choice might be a more stable carpet of java moss.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts