Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been thinking... alot of wild rbs have this super red coloration.... so how can anybody really tell the difference between the two.....i've also heard that they aren't suppose to have spots..... is this true?... not even at around 1-2".... if they are suppose to have spots when are they suppose to disapear?

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
CHI Posted on Jul 20 2003, 02:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i've been thinking... alot of wild rbs have this super red coloration.... so how can anybody really tell the difference between the two.....i've also heard that they aren't suppose to have spots..... is this true?... not even at around 1-2".... if they are suppose to have spots when are they suppose to disapear?
The attributes you mention are variable among populations, and localities. There is no real cut and dry way to distinguish where certain P. nattereri orginate from because of that variability, but we can at least narrow it down by known areas of collection if the dealers knows where they were collected.

With these so-called Super Reds, these pertain to the reticulated pattern of the fishes body spotting. Its not limited to just one population but spread out among all of them. However, some populations have more than others.

Welcome to karyotypic evolution.

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
Hey, it might be easier to check out the pictures in the other "SUPER RED" thread on this same page.

george

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
What the hell,,,,,,,, here is a pic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.