Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has ne one else noticed that their super reds have more of an elongated body with a underjaw that sticks out more and is more pointy too....... alot like a cariba's body shape/jaw shape

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I think that I have 2 Caribe then because my Wild Reds that I picked up in a batch of other wild reds have an elogated body very large lower jaw that juts out more than my other reds and they are more pointy than my other reds. Is there any way to check to see if they are Caribe ? or not ? Big als had 3 or 4 Caribe come in with a shipment of Wild reds not so long ago and mistaked them for wild reds but soon after finding out switched the price tag to 65 buck per fish. I am wondering if I got 2 Caribe ? or just elogated wild reds ? who knows !

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If you dont know if they are cariba....they are reds. Cariba are easy to tell apart from other pygos until they get huge and old.
Here are a few cariba and they all look pretty much the same, only this one got bitten.

·
Registered
873 Posts
the most distingushible trait a cariba has is the black humeral blotch behind its gill plate. if your pygos do not have the spot, or have any hint of red in their eyes, then you have reds.

~Will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.