Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some creative ideas for an empty 55g I am currently running with cycled water and filtrated with an Emperor 400.

I need suggestions on substrate and fish.

Thanks in advance.

-Adrian "Wolfmann" Martinez-

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
hmmmm.... mixed africans-exodons-jags-pike-one oscar.... there is a lot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
exodons sound great. I have kept 30 some-odd exos in a 55 in the past. I have also kept a breeding pair of medium sized jaguars in a 55 in the past. I don't really care for oscars. The pike would be something different. I will certainly consider that option.

Thanks, piranhadude!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Apocalypse said:
exodons sound great. I have kept 30 some-odd exos in a 55 in the past. I have also kept a breeding pair of medium sized jaguars in a 55 in the past. I don't really care for oscars. The pike would be something different. I will certainly consider that option.

Thanks, piranhadude!

[snapback]822342[/snapback]​
np... i dont care for oscars either. well i like them when they are small. i would recomend a yellow pike. i have kept one and they have great colors. there top fin turns a dark shad of red. it was a big eater though. it would eat whole cubs of blood worms.

G

·
I'm in the same boat. I am going to fit a 48*15*18" into some fitted storage in my living room as a sort of display tank. I don't want to have Piranha in a display tank!! I have a couple of mixed community tanks already on the go, but want something new for this one. I believe it is about 55 gallon also.

Isn't a 55 too small for most Africans!?

I would love an oscar but the tank I am talking of is a bit small for even a single Oscar isn't it!?

Any freshwater puffers that will be a good size for that. That maybe grow to about 8" or something!?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.