Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my piranahs a little while ago and now i have a empty tank in my living room!Dont want to get more p's so i was thinking about getting cichlids tank,had a lot of fun whit my oscar couple years back.I want entertaining fish to watch,main idea is cichlids :central,south american,african,need a list of fish that can live together in a 90g and be fun to watch,still open minded about other species.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Midas, RD, or Trimac. My RD is awesome, attacks the glass, the gravel vacuum, me, but is super friendly when he sees the food can. Until he's full, then watch out, he's got little teeth, but they sure hurt. Possible tankmates include gravel, driftwood, and rocks.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Midas, RD, or Trimac. My RD is awesome, attacks the glass, the gravel vacuum, me, but is super friendly when he sees the food can. Until he's full, then watch out, he's got little teeth, but they sure hurt. Possible tankmates include gravel, driftwood, and rocks.
Agree to disagree.

As long as you can introduce the fish together at a younger age, they will accept other fish. IE Mang's--they don't bother..

they fight with convicts...but nothing serious.

tetras and small barbs will get eaten

I have 2 Fire Mouths that are fine with 2 RD's

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Even early introduction is not going to be a gaurentee.
I recently tried that with a Green terror and a Flowerhorn. (equal in temperment to stated species) the terror was well a terror and killed two of his tank mates. A blue hap and a convict. (all about the same size 3") Then he would chase the FH around but nothing too serious. Then one day. (and it really did happen overnight) the FH had enough. He ate enough the day before that overnight he outgrew the GT if only by a hair. And beat the living sh*t out of the GT. So badly I had to remove him. because the FH was intollerant of him at hat point. however he still does not mess with Arrowana and Bichir that are in the tank with him. He does try and bully the Pleco tho.

However on the flip side I used to have a 100 gallon with all of the listed fish (except Trimac) Mangs, Dovii, RD, and buttokoffi. and they all lived in a stalemate. (I will never say they lived peacefully because that was simply not the case.) They key with the big boys is
1. Do NOT get a mating pair.
2 get enough of them so that their attentions are not directed soley at one other fish.
You would have more luck keeping 20 large cichlids toghether then you would keeping 2.
however in a 75 gal I don't think you would really have enough room for anything but a single pair of Med-large CA cichlid.

Personally I would say go for a African tank with a bunch of Haps/peacocks /etc... set up in Malawai style. No Mbuna tho.

Or some dwarf pike cichlids and plant the tank.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
my favorite set up i ever had was a jack dempsey, an oscar, and a silver arowana. i know they are pretty common fish but they were very interactive.

a rd sounds pretty cool too.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my favorite set up i ever had was a jack dempsey, an oscar, and a silver arowana. i know they are pretty common fish but they were very interactive.

a rd sounds pretty cool too.
Tanks
Good stocking idea since i was thinking oscar , jack dempsey and maybe green terror set up.Really like the arowana idea but tank is too small.
Any other suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts