Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this new pleco today, and the people at the lfs couldn't tell me what species it was (typical...
)
It looks really nice, and for only 6 bucks, I couldn't resist...







Does anyone know what kind of pleco this is (common/scientific name, L-number...)

Thanks :smile:

btw: please don't mind the strand of poop - I still have to teach the little guy some manners...
 

·
rhombeus
Joined
·
3,659 Posts
i like that little dude
good deal for 6 bucks, impulse buying hehehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NIKE said:
i like that little dude
good deal for 6 bucks, impulse buying hehehe
No, not this time...


I still had a small 15 gallon tank lying around, and for some reason the aquatic bug bit me again, so I decided to set it up again. It's a community tank tank now, containing some cardinal and glowlight tetra's, peppered cories, and this lil' bugger, but I'm trying to get a small spilo, which will be placed in this tank to put on some length, before upgrading to a larger tank...
Now all I need to get is that damn spilo....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Innes said:
could the odd colour be due to unwashed driftwood?
Don't think so, because the water already had this somewhat greenish tint before I added the drift wood (it's probably because half of the tank water comes from my piranha tank...) I boiled the pieces of wood for about an hour, and they released a shitload of tanins, so I don't think it's because of that.
But I don't mind that much: it looks pretty neat, imo, and I still need to add something as a background as well. Besides that, they fish seem to be all right...
 

·
Beautiful One
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
impulse buy he is cute and great buy he would be like 20 and up here
 

·
rhombeus
Joined
·
3,659 Posts
great stuff judazzz hope you find a little spilo soon, how much does a little spilo cost anyway sorry i no this is a non p forum but i don't want to start another thread
<------ innes
 

·
joey&#39;d is da man
Joined
·
14,077 Posts
NIKE said:
great stuff judazzz hope you find a little spilo soon, how much does a little spilo cost anyway sorry i no this is a non p forum but i don't want to start another thread
<------ innes
are you trying to say I look like this?

if so - why?
and if not - what do you mean by the arrow?

also this is the NON-piranha forum, and spilos are piranhas

But since I'm such a nice guy I will not delete your post, and I will also tell you that fishposts UK piranha club sells spilos for:

Gold Spilo 4" £19.00
Gold Spilo 5" £27.00

Ruby Red Spilo 5" £30.00

+ £20-30 for shipping

Oh, hang on I just got it, you were hitting me with a chair, well in that case
Nike---->
:bleh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some dude in Amsterdam is selling a 4" gold spilo for 50 euro's (about 55 bucks in US currency). It's aa aweful lot of money, but any piranha other than your average natt is an absolutely rare find here, so I'm more than willing to hand over that sum of money...
I mailed the guy a few days back: hopefully he'll get at me back soon.
 

·
rhombeus
Joined
·
3,659 Posts
Innes said:
NIKE said:
great stuff judazzz hope you find a little spilo soon, how much does a little spilo cost anyway sorry i no this is a non p forum but i don't want to start another thread
<------ innes
are you trying to say I look like this?

if so - why?
and if not - what do you mean by the arrow?

also this is the NON-piranha forum, and spilos are piranhas

But since I'm such a nice guy I will not delete your post, and I will also tell you that fishposts UK piranha club sells spilos for:

Gold Spilo 4" £19.00
Gold Spilo 5" £27.00

Ruby Red Spilo 5" £30.00

+ £20-30 for shipping

Oh, hang on I just got it, you were hitting me with a chair, well in that case
Nike---->
:bleh:
:laugh: it was supposed to be, innes hitting nike over the head with a chair for starting to get of the topic into a pirahna discusion
but i new your to much of a nice mod to send this topic away to p/disc


judazzz i hope you score that spilo deal with that dude!!!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top