Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i've been thinking... Has anyone here ever tried to get your Serrrasalmus genus in a battle lets say don't feed the rhom for 3 days and your brandtii 6" sizes and put them in a 30 gallon tank with similar water parameters. Anyone? I know its a terrible thing to do just wondering

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I think a misconception comes out from these questions. In my experience mature piranhas do not fight because they are hungry, they fight over territory. Over feeding might help because then they are slugish and need to digest. A mature fish can easily go a month without eating so 3 days is nothing.
To answer the question, I think you would be sitting there staring at nothing. The fish would either huddle together or go to opposit ends of the tank. My guess is that it would be at least a day or 2 before anything happened. These fish are not like some people think and they do not "fight" simply for your entertainment.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright everyone it was just out of curiosity and i never had any intention of committing such cruelty to my own fish that cost me quite alot. Thanks Judazz for the support.
for this topic then

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
You've said it yourself, it'd be a terrible thing to do. And as stated, a simple question doesnt kill..

No question is ever stupid.. especially if it prevents harm from happening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts