Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys try to load your feeders by feeding them tons before the Ps eat them? It seems like this would make them more nutritious. What do you guys think? I have been trying by feeding tons of Omega one to the feeders a couple days and right before they go in. I hear feeders in general are not that good for the Ps, but what about if they are full of omega one? Also, how long should you quarantine before feeding? I do for a week or 2 and half the golds die.

Thanks,.
later

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I really dont see the reason for all this unless you were to keep feeding those feeders with Omega One for months. Reason why is that when you eat food, your body doesnt absord minerals, protien.. ect in just a couple weeks. And by then, even after propper feeding your fish, Its still not enough to say wether its safe or not for your Ps because of condtions of your water.. blah blah blah. Goldfishes are just plain junk food.

Just change on 98 cents from a dollar...

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I feed my feeders pellets that my Ps will not eat. Had them so I had to use someway!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Well fed feeders sounds ok to me!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
id give the feeders a good 4 weeks to be safe and treat them with the basic treatments as well even before any symptoms show just to be as safe as possible :smile:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Whether or not the feeders absorb all the vitamins ect. in the flake food, will the p's still get the vitamins by eating the feeders? Does a feeders stomach full of flakes in the p's stomach equal extra nutrition?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
maggot said:
Whether or not the feeders absorb all the vitamins ect. in the flake food, will the p's still get the vitamins by eating the feeders? Does a feeders stomach full of flakes in the p's stomach equal extra nutrition?
I dont think nutrition gets passed on to 3rd parties...

·
"Got Mice?"
204 Posts
I jes throw my feeders right in. It goes against what alot of people say but I do it anyways and have been and have had no problems so far.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
We just get the feeders and put them in and when we need more we go to the store and get some but the p's have been eating shrimp mostly .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.