Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Piranha have gotten about 3 inches each. I thought that this was big enough to take off the filter from my powerhead. But I was mistaken. about half an hour after having taken the filter off and had the powerhead running I looked over to see one of my P's stuck sideways being sucked into the intake on the PH. I unplugged it right away and he swam to the bottom and rested. I took a look at him and he has a major indentation on his side from the force of the powerhead sucking up. the area around the "crop circle" has gotten red and black. I think it might just be brusing but I am worried about internal damage to the P. He is shoaling and swimming around but I am still worried about his health. I there anything that I can do besides keep checks on him ? thanks.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Not much you can do really. A little stress coat to protect from fungus maybe.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
marco said:
i dont think stress coat is nessesary, more Aquarium Salt, the aquarium salt will help him heal and give him the SOOTHING feel of AWESOMENESS at the same time.

i hope he gets better.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I would agree on the stress coat more than the salt unless there is indication of open wound. Reason being for the stress coat is that being sucked in the powerhead, slim coating on his skin most defininately get sucked away due to the preasure from the powerhead. Without slime coating protection, the skin of your P would be more of an easier target for bacteria and germs.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Serrapygo said:
Not much you can do really. A little stress coat to protect from fungus maybe.
stress coat contains aloe vera to promote the fish healing and regeneration of damaged fish tissue, forms a synthetic slime coat on fish to prevent the loss of essential electrolites.

verry good suggestion
serrapygo & rhomzilla

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
RhomZilla said:
I would agree on the stress coat more than the salt unless there is indication of open wound. Reason being for the stress coat is that being sucked in the powerhead, slim coating on his skin most defininately get sucked away due to the preasure from the powerhead. Without slime coating protection, the skin of your P would be more of an easier target for bacteria and germs.

Through IM's he told me his fish is doing much better.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Thats good!!! Nothing worse than to see your pride and joy die after taking care and pride after so long!!! Tell him congrats!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.