Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Hi, I just recieved some p's that were shipped. Evidently the air cargo people tipped the box over before I got it. When I got home and opened the box all the p's were on their side in 1/4 inch of water =(. I got them into the tank as quick as I could. 3 have recovered, 2 however are laying as close to the gravel as they can get, behind some weeds. I know they are severely stressed. I turned off all the lights and added some stress coat. Don't know what else I can do. Damn air cargo. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

· The Lord Himself is Life to me
3,861 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. I would also bump up the air in the tank, make sure temp is 80-82 degrees, and keep the light off for a couple days. Be sure to inspect them for ammonia burn and secondary infections as well. But just give them time, I'm sure they'll pull through.

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG Thank you! The almighty Piranha gods Thank you.
The 2 stressed fish are swimming around

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SLANTED said:
Sorry to hear that man. I would also bump up the air in the tank, make sure temp is 80-82 degrees, and keep the light off for a couple days. Be sure to inspect them for ammonia burn and secondary infections as well. But just give them time, I'm sure they'll pull through.
[snapback]864658[/snapback]​
They just started swimming around

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank God. I was sweating and freaking out I was so worried. I paniced when I opened the box.

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, I can't wait to have kids. Seeing how obssessed I am with my fish. I freak out over my fish.

G

·
Lots of fish do that. They look like they are about to die, when first introduced, and then suddenly everything is cool again.

Good luck with them. 5 I thought you were getting 4!

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mellor44 said:
Lots of fish do that. They look like they are about to die, when first introduced, and then suddenly everything is cool again.

Good luck with them. 5 I thought you were getting 4!
[snapback]865432[/snapback]​
They cut me a deal

· Captain P
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cmsCheerFish said:
they 100% better?
[snapback]865298[/snapback]​
Yea they snapped out of it. Funny thing was the big piraya recovered the quickest. My big caribe had a hard time, he went upside down when I put him in the tank. I took my net and moved him around in the water to recusitate him and he righted himself. A weird thing I saw was the big piraya then started moving the caribe around with his nose trying to get him to swim and he kept him upright till he recovered. Now they chill next to eachother all the time. They must be pals

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.