Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have 8 RBP in a 125 gal aquarium that are mostly between 1.5-2 inches and one is around 2.75-3 inches long. I got them when they were 1/4 inch long and they have been eating well and growing fast for time I have had them. Within the past couple days instead of swimming around and eating like they usually do, many of them have been sitting on the bottom, barely moving and just tilting side to side. Some of the other fish have been acting normal and eating small amounts but the majority of the fish are acting really weird, not moving much, and not eating normally. I recently did a 30% water change and cleaned my Fluval fx4. I rescaped the tank and added a couple new pieces of driftwood. I also checked parameters and everything seemed normal with 0 ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and a normal pH. I have no idea what is causing my RBP's to act so weird. Any ideas? Thank you!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It might have been a bit much to do all at once. They are probably just a bit shocked but piranhas are very hardy. Your fish should be just fine in some time. Just make sure you offer them something tasty to eat after. Maybe some frozen bloodworms or small nightcrawlers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts