Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off i want to say i think this site is awesome but i have a dilema. I dont know if this is normal p behavior or not. My 2" g spilo keeps swiming side to side against the glass of the tank. I know my ph is around 7.5-7.8 but i think it is stable. The other fish in the tank which are guppies seem to be acting normal. So i really dont know whats up with my fish. And he seems to be a picky eater. He wont eat blood worms, when ever i drop shrimp in there he will grab it and spit it out. He only eats half of the guppies and leaves the rest floating around. Pls respond. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
epine said:
My 2" g spilo keeps swiming side to side against the glass of the tank.
I don't know what you really mean by that... Is he just swimming back and forth all day, or is he rubbing his side aginst the tank glass (and/or other objects)?

I heard spilo's can be pretty picky about food, so you'll have to experiment and try to figure out what he likes and what not.
And it's not uncommon for p's to leave feeders heads. Many refuse to eat it for some reason.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
there are many piranhas that are picky eaters, you just have to find out what food they like through trial and error, dont lose hope on the first few rejections either, it took me a while to get them to eat smelt but now its my shoals favorite

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today i removed the background of my tank and it looks like it has calmed him down. I guess he was just trying to escape. But now he swims peacefully along in the tank. Also, i have noticed is that my spilo doesn't eat food that has been fallen to onto the gravel. But damn he is a picky eater. :veryangry:

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If you give him a constant supply of feeder fish he most likely wont eat anything else. I have a little spilo and he will eat shrimp, beefheart and just about anything else, but he likes feeders the most, that is why I only give him them once a week. He is only about 3.5 inches and he will go through 4 1" feeders a night easily and no heads or anything else to be found.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts