Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a pleco to my red's tank 3 days ago and he hasn't been moving since. He's always hiding behind the heater. Why ? And how can i feed him.

·
Registered
123 Posts
mine did the same thing, but after a while he became more comfortable and now he goes all over sucking algae, he even comes out when i feed the p's brine shrimp and he sucks a bunch of sh*t up

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
hes more of a nocturnal guy, he probably comes out at night, during the day they tend

to not much as much, if your worried about feeding him try droppin in some food

at dusk or right before bed tme.

but dont be to suprised if you wake up to just a pleco head in the tank one day :laugh:

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
My pleco hides all the time too. He just started coming out when I feed the p's. He'll swim over and start sucking on the shrimp, pellets, catfish filet, anything. I drop some food in for him sometimes. usually I just let him eat p food leftovers.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
plecos are mostly nocturnal so he probably will hide in the darkest spot most of the day. when he does become active your Ps will probably start noticing him, so you may end up with one dead pleco on your hands. I personally use ramshorn snails to clean my algae. Every once in a blue moon shoge will eat one, but they are easily replaced.

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
MR.FREEZ said:
hes more of a nocturnal guy, he probably comes out at night, during the day they tend

to not much as much, if your worried about feeding him try droppin in some food

at dusk or right before bed tme.

but dont be to suprised if you wake up to just a pleco head in the tank one day :laugh:
[snapback]922945[/snapback]​
i came home, one day to my 6" pleco minused to 1"
and one day came home to my caribe tank with my 12" pleco chopped in half
and my caribe is only 6" hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts