Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched my little SPilo, STealth, go after this rosie red I added to the tank today. He like just chills in the corner and wait for the rosie red to come close to him and then he tried to strike out of nowhere. And if he misses he runs to the other side of the tank and just chills and looks at me. I think he knew I was watching and he felt the pressure and missed. I dont think he misses too much cuz usually when I add feeder fish.... by the morning they are gone.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Piranhas like many other predatory animals and fish don't want to waste much energy when trying to eat. And if they can get away with sitting in one spot and having the food come to them...they're gonna do it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
If my gf will fix me food if I ask...why should I do it myself? I simply inferred that concept with the behavior of my piranhas when feeding.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I think its funny cause some of my larger p's are lazy and will wait untill another one gets some food and then they will run over and steal it out of there mouth. kinda looks like there playing football. passing the food around lol
MAD

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
poor fish, you are gonna make him feel like he let you down

just kidding, they arent always accurate, probably just a usual miss, dont worry it will catch the feeder

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
I love watching my baby rhom eat, he chases roseys around the tank and then when he is in striking distance, he just lets them be....basically telling them "whos boss".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts