Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall, long time no see

hope all is well in ur lives and the lives of ur live stock

i'm plannin on going away for 30 days maybe a tad more? and was wondering if my p's would be ok w/o food?

i'm pretty sure they will be but . . . just to triple check, i greatly value the excellent advice that u p enthusiests offer

peace and more peace

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Well, according to your signature you have two fish that are in separate tanks. That helps. However, you should invest in an automatic feeder. That way, you can place small amounts of food in each day's slot or every other day for feeding. At least they will not be starving for 30 days, and the small amount of food "should" not destroy the water quality.

Question, if you are not going to be there for a month. How are you going to top of the tank, water changes?

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
you will be ok i would just fatten them b4 i left, so they have a little storage. ill bet they will be glad to see you when you get back good luck

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
a 4.5" caribe needs food atleast once a week, ....30 days might be too much for it... but ur rhom will be fine...

do a water change 3 days before u leave, and then another water change the day before u leave so they have good water.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
Vik, (Dawgs) brings up a good point. If you have low kH in your water a whole month without a water change may cause a pH crash. Highly unlikely but possible. Solitary fish will be fine without a month of food. Have more than 1 in tank expect the worse. I wouldn't trust anyone with feeding them either unless they know how to do a proper water change also. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went away for 11 days just recently and . . . suprised to see the cariba DID NOT eat his tank mate (zebra danio) so . . . i'm gussing i'll just leave 4 danio's or more in there when i leave . . .

i'm not worried about the rhom . . i was hopin to starve so i can HAND FEED EM when i get back . . . because 11 days didnt do the trick >.< IS THERE A TRICK FOR HAND FEEDING?!?! lol

hmm as for no water changes lol they've been about a month w/o them before so . . . i think it should be alright . . . . they're HARDY FISH

in conclusion: 1. danio's for my cariba?

i echo dr giggles, i dont like to have newbs care for ur aqua's lol turns into a sh*t storm lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think you should feed them daily until you have to leave and like Dawgz said, do a few water changes before you leave. I would do a few small water changes around 15% every 2 days until you leave. Putting in feeders might cause problems if they don't finish it all then you'll have dead fish in your tank contaminating the water...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts