Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i built a stand for my 157gallon 7 feet by 2 feet wide by 18 high the stand is made from 2 by 3s in the front part of the stand should i add one more 2 by 3 or should it be ok??

·
5,319 Posts
i would recomend doubleing what you have up, and screwing them together to make a 3x3.5in, and another center support, and make the corners (called a california cornerpost round these parts) L shaped and screw it in good! you can never have too many screws if you can sink them and not split out the lumber...... take more pics and i will helps you out of under the tank and such

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was thinking of that 2

i was thinking of that 2 and add one more middle sapport and i think it should be fine

·
5,319 Posts
here! double everything you have up, and add a center in the front... you could make it removable pretty easy for a larger sump but the tank load will haved to be almost 0 to get it out...this should help: any more ?s ill check back

red is where you should add obviously all around the stand not just where i put red, i got sick of sitting in paint but...... corner example also red being a screw

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i was thinking of that 2

i was thinking of that 2 and add one more middle sapport and i think it should be fine
here this what mine had for center support. mine is nothing special. remember about 8lbs per gallon X 157= 1257lbs not counting tank gravel ,and what other things you might add

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i add some but i havent screwed them in yet i think when i screw them in it should be good enough
i built my 50 gallon stand same way and no problems yet and i have a 90 gallon stand that has 2 25s on it and it ok

the top board is 3/4inch plywood

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you think $650 i payed for this tank is a ok price??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so thats should be good

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.