Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i built a stand for my 157gallon 7 feet by 2 feet wide by 18 high the stand is made from 2 by 3s in the front part of the stand should i add one more 2 by 3 or should it be ok??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?

·
5,336 Posts
i would recomend doubleing what you have up, and screwing them together to make a 3x3.5in, and another center support, and make the corners (called a california cornerpost round these parts) L shaped and screw it in good! you can never have too many screws if you can sink them and not split out the lumber...... take more pics and i will helps you out of under the tank and such

·
Registered
451 Posts
heres more pics

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was thinking of that 2

i was thinking of that 2 and add one more middle sapport and i think it should be fine

·
5,336 Posts
here! double everything you have up, and add a center in the front... you could make it removable pretty easy for a larger sump but the tank load will haved to be almost 0 to get it out...this should help: any more ?s ill check back

red is where you should add obviously all around the stand not just where i put red, i got sick of sitting in paint but...... corner example also red being a screw

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i was thinking of that 2

i was thinking of that 2 and add one more middle sapport and i think it should be fine
here this what mine had for center support. mine is nothing special. remember about 8lbs per gallon X 157= 1257lbs not counting tank gravel ,and what other things you might add

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i add some but i havent screwed them in yet i think when i screw them in it should be good enough
i built my 50 gallon stand same way and no problems yet and i have a 90 gallon stand that has 2 25s on it and it ok

the top board is 3/4inch plywood

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you think $650 i payed for this tank is a ok price??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so thats should be good

·
5,336 Posts
really those horizontal braces arent doing anything and you are on the same page you were from the start....

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you put boards like the one on the back of the stand, on the sides screwed to the top and bottom and upright beams that would give it a lot more strength than the horizontal struts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts