Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody no if i could use s/s in my aquarium i work in a sheet metal shop and i can get lots. i was thinking on making a little house for the pleco and covering it with sliconed rocks.i'm not sure about the steel in the water.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i wouldn't add anything metel in a tank.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I know its safe to use stainless steel screws in a piece of driftwood to atach it to a base. I really don't think it would be harmfull as long as its food grade stainless. the cheep stainless will accually rust a little at the ends where its cut.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:rockin: Ok thanks for input. i think i will scrap the idea because its not food grade s/s.and i don't want to chance starting a new tank with problems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
use perspex and silicone instead of the ss,just make sure the silicon is safe and gone off properly b4 you put it in:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check the back label of the silicon, somewhere back there it will say "Not for marine use below the water line" and it might even say "for aquarium repair" or something similar. That is the stuff you want and you can get it at any hardware store, readily available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts