Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
OK I really would like to have the recent changes and new titles explained to me.

am I a senior member or a forum leader?

what is the differance between what I am and a mod?

what is Piranha Expert Aquarist and what are the powers with this group?
and what do they do?

Also if I don't understand all of this - there is no way that the PFury members will

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Innes, you are a senior member that can moderate one forum.

Ms Nattereri is a regular member that has the ability to moderate one forum.

The ability to moderate and the group name of "Moderator" are 2 completely different things. The staff nominated and accepted InSinUAsian and Serrapygo as new "Moderators" yet why would be put them in the non-piranha discussion forum when Innes is obviously the best person for the job.

Why would we put someone in the Lounge when Ms Nattereri is the best person for that?

Therefore, we gave Innes and Ms_Nattereri the specialized forums they were the most qualified for. Our goal is to keep the staff small yet have the best people in place for the job at hand. Innes, you my friend, are the best person for the job in Non-Piranha but we have 2 places open on staff and they are filled.

Piranha Expert Aquarists are members who are extremely experienced (like Frank is in science) in keeping piranha in the aquarium. They have no special "powers".

We made the 1 new position to better represent the people here in relation to their fish knowledge.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but can you also explain the differance between a senior member and a Piranha Expert Aquarists?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Piranha Expert Aquarists are people that have been in this hobby for a very very long time and know a TON of info on keeping these fish in the aquarium. I guess they can be compared to the old pfish "mentors". Extensive and long fishkeeping experience is the requirement for getting this group. Think of them as the hobbyist version of Frank :smile:

Senior Members are simply members the staff feel help out a lot of members with FISH KNOWLEDGE and are active and responsive on the forums.

I dont want people to get caught up in titles and sh*t. It really isnt the point of being here. The point is, there are people that help the underworkings of this site, period. It is no "status", no "promotion". This site is as much the individual member's site as it is mine....this is how I have always looked at it and how I will continue to look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.