Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv been searching all week for a website or store who sells stands that can hold 2 55 gallons
or maybe a walkthough on how to diy on a stand to hold 2 100 gallons if that would be safe etc
i mean lfs do it so i was thinking maybe build one myself
cuz im cramped for space and need to add another 55 gallon and 100 gallon

thanks!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
that all-glass stand doesnt look very safe...almost no brace on the front

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
that all-glass stand doesnt look very safe...almost no brace on the front
I have one of those TD Metal stands on my 29gallon and thats about as far as I would go with a tank stand built like that. Smallers tanks its fine but not with large.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really just trying to save room and have a large tank coming to me, so i was thinking maybe a large shelf system liek at the lfs? blah i was thinking it would also be a lil nicer than 6 tanks around the room lol

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
you can always just DIY something...no need for plans

use hevyduty hardware and make it sturdy

4x4s and 2x4s thats all you'll need

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
If you end up buying that second stand type, make sure you set the tank on there evenly. The tank goes right to the edges of the stand.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
if you want you can make it out of balsa wood
....thats just how i would do it with the 4x4s.....i overkill alot though

·
Registered
45 Posts
iv been searching all week for a website or store who sells stands that can hold 2 55 gallons
or maybe a walkthough on how to diy on a stand to hold 2 100 gallons if that would be safe etc
i mean lfs do it so i was thinking maybe build one myself
cuz im cramped for space and need to add another 55 gallon and 100 gallon

thanks!
I made a three story stand on the first floor i had 1 129L tank and on the next two floors i had 4 60L tanks and on top i had 2 20L tanks and i just made it out of wood and it didint brake relly simple to make and cheap and i did build in a lighting system and a place for all the cords from the pumps and heaters. If you like i can show you how i made it.....

Good luck

·
5,336 Posts
imo 4x4s would be overkill. pm skunkbudfour20 he made a really nice one not too long ago. ill try to find the link.

found it. CLICKY
definately overkill, you could use 2x4s but i decided to have NO chance of failure in the stand.... went all out in every department to guarentee that.... let me know if you want more pics of construction and thanks for the compliment NJ...

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a double 55G stand made of metal and I love it, its holding my 2 55's fine but I put some wood under it to make it more sturdy on my carpet floors (I have a wild 5 yr old
). I paid around $100 second-hand for mine, so not sure on the brand, prolly AGA. looks like the TD metal stand but a little different. If I can find my camera I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I have a double 55G stand made of metal and I love it, its holding my 2 55's fine but I put some wood under it to make it more sturdy on my carpet floors (I have a wild 5 yr old :nod: ). I paid around $100 second-hand for mine, so not sure on the brand, prolly AGA. looks like the TD metal stand but a little different. If I can find my camera I'll post some pics.
That would be nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts