Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up some squid ,and the p's went nuts on it. that is the craziest i have ever seen them get. 49 cents gets ya a bunch for more meals.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
coool

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
I've always liked feeding my fish squid.

Be sure to remove the ink sack though!
If you don't, there's a hell of a mess.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always liked feeding my fish squid.

Be sure to remove the ink sack though!
If you don't, there's a hell of a mess.
haha i asked the butcher and he said they were cleaned so no mess to woryy about. i still washed of the squid though :nod:

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
That's cool... 'cause I got a bunch of squid one time and I didn't even think about the ink sack... I just dumped 'em in and DAMN! Ink everywhere.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That's cool... 'cause I got a bunch of squid one time and I didn't even think about the ink sack... I just dumped 'em in and DAMN! Ink everywhere.
haha how did ya get that cleaned up,or should i say how many water changes :laugh: wow man you were born in 67? haha you are getting old. i was born in 66. it gets bad when ya hit 40

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, there are a few of us "Oldies" here on the site!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
mine love squid
it is supposed to be really good for them the omega fats

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
So squid is relatively inexpensive? I mostly feed mine shrimp but Im tryign other stuff. Ive seen people mention earth worms as well. Are fishing worms ok or are there earth worms I should be able to get from my LFS? As much as I persoanlly love sea food I would get sick of shrimp every night.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
where do you guys get your squid at. regular grocery store or like the one guy said at a butcher?
i got mine at safeway in a box that was frozen,
i cut and cleaned it myself and got about 30 servings
1 serving is about 4-5 days worth of food
it was like 3.99 for the box

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
I fed my guys squid a few times. Good stuff.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
by butcher i meant the grocery store (dominicks). i did not buy much cause i was not sure they would eat it. i bought 2 fillets of catfish ,and they did not like it
when i bought the squid i bought some that was just the head which they liked more than the tentacles half. and the4 head did not make the mess the tentacles make.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts