Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"Got Mice?"
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Pro II 2028 w/media yesterday and hooked it up. First I got to say the thing is nice and super silent, easy to hook up, and the media baskets are much better than the classic Eheim canister I had years ago. Question is, is it cool not to use the spray bar on the outlet? The way my tank is set up it's just easier not to use it. Eheim owners?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
You mean just letting water flow staright from the outlet hose into the tank? I can't think of of reason why that would be a problem, as long as you make sure it can't flip out of the tank, spraying water into your room (use duct tape or anything similar to secure it).

I do use the spraybar (I have an Eheim classic), but that's because I have enough currents in my tank anyways (two internal filters and a powerhead).

·
"Got Mice?"
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I mean. I'm using the outlet elbow but the water is just running straight into the tank. It also seems that when the spray bar is attached that the water would be restricted too because it's plugged on one end so I'm getting more flow this way. I'm only securing it with the suction cups, it should be alright.

·
"Got Mice?"
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mines different, it goes like a U-shape then back curved again so it's horizontal. Now it goes towards the middle of the tank like a powerhead would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts