Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here into sport bikes?I am thinking of buying one but having a very difficult time chosing wich one?I am lookin at a Kaw 600rr,Kaw 636r,or ?...any help please?also a R-1 has crossed my mind too

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I had a R1 but I sill have a R6. A good starter bike is the R6 or CBR 600 or the RR. I really don't like any kawasaki. Go the the dealerships and give them a test drive.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not a huge Kawe fan either but the new 600rr and 636 are some badass bikes...600rr beat all the gixer 750's in a recent race.I think Kawe might be moving up the food chain in the sport bike pond

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I raced professional Motocross for a few years and many as an amatuer

nearly got into sport bike racing, till I found out how darn much it woulda cost in tires alone

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Make sure it is your fave color as well, I always wanted to ride a moto bike.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
R1's are very nice bikes for a new rider. Even better though are the gsxr 1100's. honda cbr's are nice. Find one that feels comfortable and in your price range.
MAD

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Those bikes are not for new riders. They are too powerful. I've ridden motorcycles for a while. A 600 is perfect for the novice rider. I know a few people that has bought R1's as there first bike and they even said its scary. You have to very careful, you can't be stupid on those, your asking to get hurt. You have to get use to the power. The power on the R1 comes alot sooner, you don't have to rev it passed 8k to get power like the R6. Just be careful.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
People wont appreciate my opinion on this remark but anybody that buys anything larger than a 600 is wasting money, you really dont even get to see the potential of the bike as long as you stay on roads and highways. Even on most racetracks they barely tap into what a 1000cc bike has. 1000cc bikes are not good for new riders either, they are much heavier and will get you hurt alot faster, you should save some money and get a nice 600, and then as your skills mature, get a 1000 if you must

I worked at a Yamaha and Suzuki dealer for a few years and I have seen many people get too much bike for them and then have to end up spending $4 grand fixing the bike after they dropped it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.