Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting rid of my 9" rhom who is in a 90g and putting in 3 gold spilos, or dividing the tank with one gold and one elongatus. What should I do?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Either way you have a winner. Both offer something different, on one hand you have a nice school and on the other hand you have 2 great fish. Dilema...

~Dj

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know but would I be able to keep 3 spilos together in a 90g without them killing eachother, is their enough space?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
i have a 90 also and i want golds spilos also. i think they look nice
are they aggressive? like really agressive? i had redbrested piranhas how do they compares to spilos? any help would be nice,

oh yeah and i think that you shuold have a school of fish, alot nicer than 2 separate ones, remember you can also wait and when your done you can do something else!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
3 Spilos in 90g will be OK...shouldn't be any problem...still if you can find/buy S.Elongatus it will need the whole tank since this fast swimmer needs a lot of room (at least 60-70 g)!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yeah, a school of spilos will be great provided they dont kill each other. Personally I would suggest getting 4 for the 90. Just get small ones to start with. Preferable 2" or smaller. Then as they grow you will have a better chance of at least 3 producing a good school. With 4, if one dies, you will still have 3. If you start with 3 and one dies you will have 2 and quickly one. Perhaps 4 is not idea for life in a 90, however, if all 4 establish a school that works in the long run you can sell one off.

Thats what I would to ensure you end up with 3 in the end.

~Dj

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dimesions are 4X2x11/2 , I'm getting rid of the rhom because he is still a bit skittish, I think I'd rather have a shoal of spilos for some more action.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.