Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to extend a very huge "thank you" to Nitrofish. For those of you who weren't aware of my situation, here it is: I live in a crappy town with no fish shops, the nearest one being over 30 miles away. Even there the nitrite test kits were insanely overpriced and rarely in stock. Nitrofish heard of my troubles and out of the kindness of his heart sent me a container of not only nitr*te test strips, but ammonia ones as well. If there's anything I can do to repay you, Nitro, let me know. And that goes for everyone here, if you're in a bind and know I can help you, feel free to PM me and let me know!

Thanks again, Nitro!
:biggrin:

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
you guys are my friends.you got to help your friends out.

that realy sucks that your fish store is so far away.

oh and before I forget, what where your nitrate/nitrite test results?

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
you da man!! NITRO

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nitrofish said:

Nitrate = Through the roof and nitrite = Through the roof, so I decided to keep my filter media and drain the tank and start over, don't know wtf happened in there, but it wasn't cool. Everything's going good now and I'm keeping a close eye on all the levels thanks to you.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Nice guy, Bravo!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Netmancer said:
nitrofish said:

Nitrate = Through the roof and nitrite = Through the roof, so I decided to keep my filter media and drain the tank and start over, don't know wtf happened in there, but it wasn't cool. Everything's going good now and I'm keeping a close eye on all the levels thanks to you.
thats good accually, that means your tank was cycled(or close to it). nitrate is the end result, you just do water changes to reduce that.(there will always be a little nitrate, thats normal) but the nitrite shouldn't be so high. maybe the cycle hasn't finished or there was a bioload on it.

too bad you drained all the water, hopefully the bacteria hasn't died off.I would have done a 75% water change at the most.

keep us updated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.