Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sleeping last night, and I heard a noise that sounded like someone throwing rocks at my tank. So I got up just in time to see my rbp running around in there. Does anyone have any idea what he was doing? I don't see how he could be attacking his reflection, not really any lights on to make a reflection. He woke me up twice doing it also.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
P's can be really active when the lights go out. Its normal behavior more or less.

~Dj

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
I used to hear this exact same noise at night, only to discover my Xingu was knocking his heater around. He's broken 2 so far.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I also believe that Ps do get more active in less light. remember these guys do live in murky waters. Its just their way of pacticing their natural wild instinct in your aquarium.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
caazi said:
It did seem to happen when my heater's pilot light turned on, maybe it's that. I need to get some new stuff for my tank.
Exactly. It was when the heater light came on my xingu went into attack mode.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Nothing to worry about, it happens all the time...usually my Caribas and Pleco get noisy when lights off...!

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I heard noises like that also. Went on for about 20 mins and went to inspect it and found the larger cariba attacking goldfish at the surface, making that plopping noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.