·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got mega computer prbs. frag errors, bad sectors, and spin downs

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
time to whipe it out and install a fresh operating system. that seems to fix everything

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I have found that XP is a great Winshit operating system if that is what you are into....go wih a pirated copy of windows XP.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I had a copyed version of xp but I broke the cd getting it out of one of those aol free trial cases. I have the full version of millenium, I could use the upgrade, it sucks having to whipe out everything before you can install it.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Widnows me is good, and bad, I have two copies of it, One copy crashes, one copy works good. Even when installed on the same system. LAME. Anyway i am going to install Widnows server 2000

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
All windows 9.x versions, including ME, blow chunks. They're unstable, unreliable and unpredictable.
My favorite version is Win2000 Pro (which I currently run), followed by XP Pro (of which I have a copy, but for some reason the setup fails every time I try to install it).

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
I remember Windows 3.X was fun to play with...

Juda- How can XP pro be your next in line as being your favorite if the setup fails everytime you try to install it. Shouldn't that tell you something!!

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
stay away from winME
stay away from winXP home
go get winXP pro or linux....
and if you want something really stable...go get an iMac

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
I remember Windows 3.X was fun to play with...

Juda- How can XP pro be your next in line as being your favorite if the setup fails everytime you try to install it. Shouldn't that tell you something!!
It used to work fine, but after I installed a number of new components, the installation locked in the final stage, whining about some missing file. I tried three times, but to no avail. But I worked with it for quite a while, and we have also installed it on one of our machines at work, and it's not too bad (it's a bit slow, because of the new intreface, which uses a lot of system resources, but can be turned off, and it's way too helpful: every time you do something, that annoying balloon pops up asn asks to help: f*ck off with that damn thing: I ain't no noob
).

I didn't like windows for DOS (3.x), because it wasn't capable of doing anything, but I really loved to fiddle around with dos - man, those were the days
So much effort, just to free up enough memory to run a simple game - pure nostalgia

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
windows 3.11 ... heh those where the days, i am not sure if it ever crashed once?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Windows 2000 server is a blast to tool around on. I took a semester of it at the college I went to and it was a blast, a lot of fun stuff you can do with it.

Mark

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would have to agree with Judazz
1. Windows 2000 pro
2. Windows XP Pro
XP home sucks, and ME is by far the worst sh*t ever made, its a networking nightmare and has no Plug and play capabilityies with anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.