Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have four small p's in a 55g. Three are about 2 inch and one is about 1.25 inch. I have had them for about three weeks. Ever since i've had them, I noticed the small p is always and I mean always opening and closing his mouth and flexing his gills. The other three open their mouths occasionally, but nothing like this. I t seems like he is haveing trouble breathing. He eats just fine but I can tell he is not growing nearly as fast as the the others. Any feedback would be appreciated. I have two penguin 330's in their. I don't know what his damn problem is.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is active at times. Like when I throw a feeder in, it shies away and looks for scraps. It is smaller. But most the time he hides in a cave and just floats there. None of the other fish have this problem.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
The only time I have noticed p's doing this is when they are very stressed. At least I think they were stressed because they were at a lfs in a tank that had with no cover, very bright lights, and was way too small (pretty much like almost all lfs). Anyways, all the p's were "panting" like that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
fish gasp when stressed BUT ONLY by coming to the surface and gaping for air (when your fish has disese or filter froblems in the gills)but your has a thing i call diffrent breathing this is basicly when a fish breathes quicker than other fish this can be full time meaning you CAN`T get rid of it or it is another stress problem caused by wrong treatment or it may be smaller and afraid (fish can get afraid ive seen it happen!!!) but ime sure ther is nothing to worry about if you check your filter a bit more and mabe get a camcorder to log in fish attitude or diary you will get to the root of the problem
Good Luck
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

·
Registered
76 Posts
:eek:oh2: firestorm, from what alien nation did that little chapter come from!
. it didn,t even sound human....and as for it being about fish ???
no offence mate , just avin a laugh, but it tickled me so much that i had to say something :D
on a more serious not. . i hope your fish is o.k. babelfish,sorry i cant be of any help either.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
my piranha's seem to yawn sometimes. is that what you mean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts