Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when I wakeup to see my tank's temp has shot up to 32.8 C!! Then there's some white stuff on my largest (1.5"
) P's eye. It doesn't look like pop eye...just soem stuff on the top. It's white and not really transparent.

I did a cold water change, now temp is aroud 31.3 C. He was fine all along. One thing I did yesterday was added some salt, not aquarium salt though. It's cooking salt / sea salt, no not those table salts.

What could it be ??
That's the only kind of salt I have right now, should I add a little more?

Help

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
My Piranha has the same thing right above the eye, but it looks more like a contact lens. Its transparent, and I have no idea what it is. Your help will be appreciated, thanks!

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
accr said:
This morning when I wakeup to see my tank's temp has shot up to 32.8 C!! Then there's some white stuff on my largest (1.5"
) P's eye. It doesn't look like pop eye...just soem stuff on the top. It's white and not really transparent.

I did a cold water change, now temp is aroud 31.3 C. He was fine all along. One thing I did yesterday was added some salt, not aquarium salt though. It's cooking salt / sea salt, no not those table salts.

What could it be ??
That's the only kind of salt I have right now, should I add a little more?

Help
I dont know about adding more, however table salt is ok to use. we went round and round about what kind of salt to use. And table salt is ok.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I had the same thing wrong with 3 of my caribe. My water parameters werent WAY outta control so iono what caused it. I did use melafix for bout 5 days, and they are back to normal. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts