Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my water is way cloudier than usual and the guy at petsmart tested my water and said everything looked fine except for my ph, wihc was low, but i fixed it. when i put feeders in there, the pirahans dont go for them, nor do they go for pellets. they seem liek they have there mouths open a little more than usual and they sem to breath a little faster, when the feeders live in there, without gettin eaten, they die within a day. can anybody help me

· Registered
104 Posts
if the water tests fine then everything is ok... for you ps not eating feeders, well, that will come with time.. you gotta train them pretty good... try putting in a few feeders... if they dont eat them within a half hour take them out and try again the next day... eventualy they will get hungry enough they will attack right away... it took about 4-5 months before i could drop a feeder in and have them just snap and attack...

for them breating heavier when the feeders are in there.... well id say they are just nervous of the other fish, more on their guard, waiting for the right moment... all tense, stressed...

· "Bruce Lee" the Legend
4,530 Posts
mrodge said:
my water is way cloudier than usual and the guy at petsmart tested my water and said everything looked fine except for my ph, wihc was low, but i fixed it. when i put feeders in there, the pirahans dont go for them, nor do they go for pellets. they seem liek they have there mouths open a little more than usual and they sem to breath a little faster, when the feeders live in there, without gettin eaten, they die within a day. can anybody help me
[snapback]862694[/snapback]​
when did you set up this tank? What are your water parameters? It sounds like a cycling problem.

· Registered
797 Posts
The cloudiness sounds like a bacterial bloom to me, which is not really a problem in itself. But usually this comes when the tank is cycling. You cycled that tank before putting in fish, right?

I think you should get your own test kit and test the water yourself.

Pics of the cloudiness please.

· The ASSMAN
13,346 Posts
I think the feeder issue is because your fish are only 1". They are still babies. Try bloodworms or maybe a small guppie. You only need to put in one. If your feeders are dieing that fast either there is a problem with the feeders or your water....you need to find out which is the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.