Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing through the 14" Wolfish feeding / pic thread and reading some of the "attack-like" posts on the feeding. Here's what I finally came up with. The fact that you watched the video would imply that you too, just like the person who made the video, wanted to see the feeding. Now after you watch it and said animal suffers you become offended. I'll assume if that's your reaction had you known in the first place the animal was going to suffer you would have avoided the video. That's great. Now remember in most cases the maker of the video was unaware that said animal would suffer just as you were. Now I'm not saying that feeding a 4' RTC to 45 baby Pygos is a good idea, it's quite obvious that the RTC will suffer (or swallow the Pygos
), but in the case of a 14" Wolfish and a mouse, there's really no telling. Basically, try and remember the maker of the video is in a very similar boat.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
the feeding videos rock. I will spare no mouse from certain death by my pygo. fuvk those gay mice. Most fish I would gladly feed them to my pygo as well.

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
A couple thoughts:

So by commenting on a video, that makes the viewer condone the practice?
I guess that by watching Fox or CNN I'm a supporter of the war in Iraq then too.
I guess when I see on the news where a guy sodomizes a little boy, then I'm a child rapist.

C'mon man.

Also, to say that the person who shoots the video doesn't know the critter is gonna suffer?
A person would have to be a total imbecile to not know that a creature is going to suffer from being picked apart while drowning.

Seriously.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny how you seem to think my train of thought is unreasonable, but let's take a look at yours.

Also, to say that the person who shoots the video doesn't know the critter is gonna suffer?
A person would have to be a total imbecile to not know that a creature is going to suffer from being picked apart while drowning.
You need to distinguish between suffering and a humane death. If you were to ask me what a 14" Wolfish would do to a mouse, I'd venture to guess that it'd more or less cut it clean in half (aka a swift, humane death). While it's sort of hypocritical for me to make this comparison, I will. Think of it as hanging v. lethal injection.

If you wish to have a difference in opinion you need to either come up with a better "argument" for your side, or find a less passive-aggressive means of voicing your opinion.

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts
I have no problem with the odd live feeding, i used to throw feeders in for my cichla every now and again, just to keep them on their toes :laugh:

That being said they were very small fish that were chased down and swollowed in an instant!

The problem i have is mice and large fish that the predatory fish clearly struggles to deal with, it can cause injury to the fish, seriously mess up the filtration of the tank and affect water chemistry for the worse.
It serves no benefit to the fish whatsoever, its all done so the person holding the video camera can impress his internet cyber buddys!

So ender, next time a drowning mouse gives you a hard on remember this post

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
I was just browsing through the 14" Wolfish feeding / pic thread and reading some of the "attack-like" posts on the feeding. Here's what I finally came up with. The fact that you watched the video would imply that you too, just like the person who made the video, wanted to see the feeding. Now after you watch it and said animal suffers you become offended. I'll assume if that's your reaction had you known in the first place the animal was going to suffer you would have avoided the video. That's great. Now remember in most cases the maker of the video was unaware that said animal would suffer just as you were. Now I'm not saying that feeding a 4' RTC to 45 baby Pygos is a good idea, it's quite obvious that the RTC will suffer (or swallow the Pygos
), but in the case of a 14" Wolfish and a mouse, there's really no telling. Basically, try and remember the maker of the video is in a very similar boat.

The whole point of WHY these kids make live feeding videos is to enjoy the suffering and to let others just like them enjoy it w. a video. Spare me....

I think once their balls have dropped they stop this behavior... or atleast we would hope.

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
You posted a topic and I responded.
Clearly, by your rebuttle to my reply, you merely want to get confrontational.

I don't want to get super involved with argueing this point with you, but I will say this:

Although we as citizens don't have control over what's aired on the news, we do, however, get prompts before each airing on what the stories are going to cover in the upcoming minutes.

You didn't specify that you were talking about large wolf fish and mice, you merely refered to feeding videos.

The ones with suffering that I'm refering to are the ones where the oscar, much larger than the pygos with whom he's been thrown, gets picked apart little by little over the course of several minutes, and other "Like" videos.

Don't tell me what I "Need to come up with" if I am going to have a difference of opinion.
That's nothing other than a pointless challenge... looking for a conflict.

Now I'm sure we can be big boys and agree to disagree.

p.s. This post has officially "Institutionalized" me.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no problem with the odd live feeding, i used to throw feeders in for my cichla every now and again, just to keep them on their toes :laugh:

That being said they were very small fish that were chased down and swollowed in an instant!

The problem i have is mice and large fish that the predatory fish clearly struggles to deal with, it can cause injury to the fish, seriously mess up the filtration of the tank and affect water chemistry for the worse.
It serves no benefit to the fish whatsoever, its all done so the person holding the video camera can impress his internet cyber buddys!

Yet another post not worth my reading. Show some maturity and keep your lame comments to yourself. As far as being concerned for filtration and water quality, that's the biggest load I've heard all day and I work at a Sears Auto Center where people come up w/ all kinds of stories to keep their warranty. Oh, and it helps to actually read, no not browse, but read, my original post. The person holding the camera was just as oblivious as to whether or not the mouse would suffer as you were before you watched the video, presumably for your pleasure.

·
6,712 Posts

Yet another post not worth my reading. Show some maturity and keep your lame comments to yourself. As far as being concerned for filtration and water quality, that's the biggest load I've heard all day and I work at a Sears Auto Center where people come up w/ all kinds of stories to keep their warranty. Oh, and it helps to actually read, no not browse, but read, my original post. The person holding the camera was just as oblivious as to whether or not the mouse would suffer as you were before you watched the video, presumably for your pleasure.
[/quote]

A load??
If you REALLy want to hear a load of sh*t, just listen to the arguements the children make to try and rationalize their live feeding.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
), but in the case of a 14" Wolfish and a mouse, there's really no telling.
Basically, try and remember the maker of the video is in a very similar boat.
As far as looking for confrontation, keep in mind snide comments within a larger post such as, "Seriously?" in regards to my judgment etc are indeed passive-aggressive and in some ways demeaning.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
IMO.....suck it up pussies. If ya don't want to see it , don't watch it!!!

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts

[/quote]
So genius, you think a load of fur, guts,blood and entrails wont harm a filter?

And you also think a person throwing a small rodent in a tank containing a large predatory fish isnt aware the rodent will suffer??

What does he think its going to do? start scuba diving?

You my friend, are a moron

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

[/quote]

A load??
If you REALLy want to hear a load of sh*t, just listen to the arguements the children make to try and rationalize their live feeding.
[/quote]

It seems that many of you are trying to lump me in with the people who post obviously distasteful videos and in turn making arguments of the same mental capacity of those you are stereotyping.

·
6,712 Posts

[/quote]

A load??
[/quote]

It seems that many of you are trying to lump me in with the people who post obviously distasteful videos and in turn making arguments of the same mental capacity of those you are stereotyping.
[/quote]

It seems you are thinking I am lumping you in with the baby nuts when in fact I am not. Your arguement from the get go was ridiclous. WTF do you think is gonna happen when you drop a mouse in w. a 14" wolffish? The wolf fish at the least would take several seconds to kill the mouse, meanwhile the mouse is in pain and suffering. I hope you dont think the fish and mouse would be buddies and play paddy cake?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

[/quote]
So genius, you think a load of fur, guts,blood and entrails wont harm a filter?

And you also think a person throwing a small rodent in a tank containing a large predatory fish isnt aware the rodent will suffer??

What does he think its going to do? start scuba diving?

You my friend, are a moron

[/quote]

Did I say that a live feeding won't mess up a filter and water quality, no. I said that justifying your snide remarks towards people who post live feedings with that line is a load. And again, a small rodent with a large predatory fish. There is a decent chance the death will be of a swift human manner simply because a larger predatory fish has the tools to do so. We could throw another mouse in with that 14" Wolfish and this time it could decapitate it within seconds. That, in my opinion, is a humane death for an animal destined for feeding anyways.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts