Registered
5,637 Posts
Awesome pleco.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, guys

The biggest one I have are the Sultan Pleco and a Common Pleco not featured in this photo series: both are about 6" in size.

·
I HAVE THE SOUVLAKI POWER!!!!!
3,689 Posts
Nice plecs Jonas!!!!!

I liked the 316.

As i see the family is growing bigger!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice as always
Chouin

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Those pleco's are looking beautiful and healthy. And there is enough wood in that tank for all the plecs, so great set up

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all

Filo: I haven't had the chance the shoot new pics of the Nugget (he's a bit camera shy) - hopefully next time

Gordeez: do't you have a spare small tank somewhere, say a 20g? If so, you could buy a small Royal, grow him out, and once he's big enough (ie. a couple of years later), move him to your predator tank...

·
This f*cking Guy!
9,420 Posts
Judazzz said:
Gordeez: do't you have a spare small tank somewhere, say a 20g? If so, you could buy a small Royal, grow him out, and once he's big enough (ie. a couple of years later), move him to your predator tank...
[snapback]836927[/snapback]​
Naw, im lucky to keep the 55 gal. my dad doesnt like animals

and on top of that, I just blew my last couple of dollars on school

Someday man, someday...

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,887 Posts
dam u have an impressive collection of pleco's in oyur piranha tanks

do u think they have lived for such a long time cause u dont feed live and lots of hiding places

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Death in # said:
do u think they have lived for such a long time cause u dont feed live and lots of hiding places
[snapback]837412[/snapback]​
I do feed my manny live foods (there are always a couple of tetra's for him in his tank), but my reds haven't had live food for a year now, so maybe it does play a role in their case. But they ignored their bottomdwelling tank mates even when they still got live food.

To be honest, I have no clue why I manage to pull this off, and continue to do so. I have lots of decor and hiding places, so I'm pretty sure that plays a role. But most pleco's are quite active, and do venture out into the open from time to time. I've seen my piranha's charge at them pretty often, but somehow they never make a kill, and always hold back - maybe the pleco's colors keep them at bay (warning colors)? Maybe they just want to make a point, not a kill?
I don't feed my piranha's that often, and they seem always hungry (especially my reds), so why they don't go for some easy snacks is beyond me...
But hey, I'm not complaining

Gordeez: that's a bummer...

But on the bright side, it's always good to have things to look forward to

Thanks again for your kind words, people

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
That is an awesome collection of plecos you have Jonas!

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
outstanding...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts