Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something really bad happened in my tank last night. I woke up this morning and three of my largest natts had bit the dust. I raised these guys since they were the size of a dime and have spawned them many times....
RIP

·
Registered
761 Posts
Super super lame!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss, how's your other fish? Did you move them to a different tank? Would you happen to know what caused this, possibly a water change last night before going to sleep?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, a big water change last night. much larger than i normally do. I left the python going while I wqas out of the room and took off way more water than I should have. I have a sneaking suspision it was ph shock that did them in. I know better than to make a dumb mistake like this, as I work in an lfs and my major in college is fisheries

·
Registered
761 Posts
rong666 said:
yes, a big water change last night. much larger than i normally do. I left the python going while I wqas out of the room and took off way more water than I should have. I have a sneaking suspision it was ph shock that did them in. I know better than to make a dumb mistake like this, as I work in an lfs and my major in college is fisheries

[snapback]822730[/snapback]​
Are those chlorine burns on their sides? I hope your other 2 didn't suffer from this!

The one and only time I pulled too much water out during a water change, I didn't add but aprox. half of what I took out, back into the tank. The water level's low that way, but I'm too damn paranoid to add too much at once.

My condolences go out to you...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.