Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Indianapolis Football
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.faxdaily.com/sun.html

Solar-powered Indian man says he doesn't need food

An Indian man who claims not to have eaten solid food since 1995 says he gets all of the energy he needs from the sun.

Hira Ratan Manek, 65, from Calicut in Kerala, says he has conquered hunger by absorbing solar energy through his eyes.

He believes people can induce changes in their bodies by gazing at the sun every day during the first hour of sunrise or last hour of sunset while standing barefoot on the ground.

He said: "After a few days of practice, you will feel the energy entering the body through the eyes. By receiving the sun rays through the eyes, the brain gets charged and brings out its unutilised powers."

The mechanical engineer underwent a 411-day fast beginning January 1, 2000 under the observation of doctors in Ahmedabad, and had lived without food for 211 days prior to that.

It is reported he has not eaten solid food since 1995.

Mr Manek told The Asian Age: "Solar energy absorbed through the eyes eliminates mental illness, physical illness, spiritual ignorance and makes life happy and peaceful.

"One's hunger just disappears. It also activates the dormant human brain and awakens the infinite powers in human beings."

· Registered
1,161 Posts
elTwitcho said:
That's like those people in the phillipines who walk on red hot coals without their feet even getting warm, or the Indian Yogi who could make objects appear out of nowhere, all things that have been observed and documented yet can't be explained by our known version of science. Crazy sh*t it is
[snapback]873262[/snapback]​
One night me and several of my friends were sitting around a campfire and decided that it must be a simple thermodynamic phenomenon to be able to walk on coals like those people in the Phillipines do. So we decided to try it out. We started small, by pulling red-hot coals out by our hands and playing with them. It's amazing, coals are incredibly hot on the inside, but on the outside, they are just warm to the touch. After we gained a little confidence, we tried walking across them. No pain, just warmth. Granted, you can't stay in the same spot with coals made from wood like oak and pine, the coals fall apart and get extremely hot, the coals they use down there from different trees must make the difference. No one was really burned they whole time, amazingly enough. I accidentally got a very small coal stuck between my toes, and ended up with a little blister. Though I wouldn't really suggest trying this to anyone, as we learned the margin of error is very small. But if you want to give it a shot, try pulling coals out with tongs and moving them quickly around in your hands. It will amaze you.

And just for the record, none of us were drunk.

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
SirOneEighty said:
One night me and several of my friends were sitting around a campfire and decided that it must be a simple thermodynamic phenomenon to be able to walk on coals like those people in the Phillipines do. So we decided to try it out. We started small, by pulling red-hot coals out by our hands and playing with them. It's amazing, coals are incredibly hot on the inside, but on the outside, they are just warm to the touch. After we gained a little confidence, we tried walking across them. No pain, just warmth. Granted, you can't stay in the same spot with coals made from wood like oak and pine, the coals fall apart and get extremely hot, the coals they use down there from different trees must make the difference. No one was really burned they whole time, amazingly enough. I accidentally got a very small coal stuck between my toes, and ended up with a little blister. Though I wouldn't really suggest trying this to anyone, as we learned the margin of error is very small. But if you want to give it a shot, try pulling coals out with tongs and moving them quickly around in your hands. It will amaze you.

And just for the record, none of us were drunk.
[snapback]873279[/snapback]​

Well there are different temperatures of coals, the episode I had seen on the discovery channel has them throw a piece of meat on the coals before someone walked across and it became quite burnt very quickly. I'm very much positive these coals were hot. At any rate, it was just meant as an example that there are alot of things that happen which go against what science would have you believe should happen.

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
SirOneEighty said:
Oh, and on topic, I would like to see the scientific proof that you can stop eating and absorb energy through your eyes. It would cut my food costs way down. I am in college and that could be rather beneficial.
[snapback]873281[/snapback]​
If the newspaper article is a credible source, I would consider being under the supervision of doctors who can confirm that you are not eating solid food for 411 days to be scientific proof that it's possible.

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
SirOneEighty said:
Does seem rather amazing.
[snapback]873293[/snapback]​
It is. Like I said, there's some things that just can't be rationalized which is a bit perturbing. There were monks in some 16th century sect that would apparently go into seizures during which time they couldn't be harmed. Scientists (16th century scientists mind you) documented them being struck with axes, having stakes driven into them only to have the stakes bend, being crushed and whatever else while being perfectly fine through the whole ordeal. I wish I could remember the name of these guys but a book on physics I had read had a whole chapter of wierd sh*t like that which just couldn't be explained.

· Indianapolis Football
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enriqo_Suavez said:
I just noticed something - it says solid foods. That f*cker is drinking Ensure. There's nothing special about an old man on a liquid diet.
[snapback]873299[/snapback]​
it says no solid food since 1995 - but it also says that he's fasted for 411 days altogether under doctor's observations; and hadn't eaten anything for 211 days prior to that

with my regiment of 6 meals a day, that seems simply insane

· Registered
19,249 Posts
Jewelz said:
it says no solid food since 1995 - but it also says that he's fasted for 411 days altogether under doctor's observations; and hadn't eaten anything for 211 days prior to that

with my regiment of 6 meals a day, that seems simply insane
[snapback]873306[/snapback]​
this is the reason my signature rules.

· Too tasty to give up.
6,754 Posts
Woot, I'm from Kerala.

Representin the weird people!

· Registered
229 Posts
grnlemonade said:
wonder how hes not blind from staring at the sun for 2 hours a day...that itself is a miracle.
[snapback]873873[/snapback]​
My dad is an optometrist (eye doctor) and he said that in med school they talked about looking into the sun for extended periods of time. Apparently during the 60s and 70s people on LSD would sit and stare into the sun for hours and hours at a time without any longterm effects. That's not saying its GOOD to look into the sun, but at least him not being blind is documented case.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.