Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so uh then what kind of tankmates should I put with my p's that will last awhile? hmm any ideas innes u brought it up what is your choice? By the way I saw a cute baby redtail catfish he was $125 I wanted to take it home so bad!!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Your piranha's won't be in that tank long enough to bother placing a tankmate with them...when they're an inch or so bigger they're going in to my 180 when I build a dividor so they're not so cramped in that 20 gallon.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Catfish are known to eat piranhas in the wild. =) Anyhow, convicts seem to work real well with piranhas. I had a male convict living with my spilo for months. Just provide shelter for the convict to hide.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fine but I want my damn catfish he is so cute and you think the catfish is cute too
I am still working on the mantaray thing lol . I know I know we will see about the space and the business and all that.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Get a 12" common Pleco...!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I hate pleco's and if she gets it she's gonna have to find somewhere to put it other then with my reds and my caribe when I get a new tank set up and order them.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't want a huge pleco unless it is phenomenly beautiful.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
pcrose said:
I don't want a huge pleco unless it is phenomenly beautiful.
You could always try a more exotic pleco species, but keep in mind they're usually very expensive, and piranha's don't care about how much a tank mate has cost you - food is food...

I managed to keep a Clown and a Gold Nugger Pleco with my reds for quite some time now, but I have lots and lots of hiding places - often, I don't see these fish for days on end (which of course affects my heart beat rate negatively), but until now, they have always popped up again...

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
See kevin when we have the money we can have a fish that big yeah

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
hastatus said:
All I see are catfish fillets grilled to a golden-brown sauteed in butter, garlic and tabasco
Ohh yeah.. add that to the list with whos comming to the Oregon BBQ!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts