Piranhas Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
LOL yeah I have one that is always fanning his nest for a few days after I take the eggs. He's the most reliable and a great dad.
You have a good woman, Jay. I'm knee deep in tanks over here and my wife doesn't care "As long as they stay full and quiet." She digs it. Good thing too because I sense another big tank coming my way

Good luck with the caribe! I have been thinking hard about breeding macs. I think I have a solution for the cannibalism.
How many tanks are you running for that many fry, Jay? I only have 7 going at the moment and 4 of those are not piranha tanks. 75 is getting set up today and I have a 30 & 40 waiting in the wings if needed, so I will be up to 11 soon counting the shrimp tanks I'm setting up. The insanity continues I just hope I never have to move LOL

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
LOL yeah I have one that is always fanning his nest for a few days after I take the eggs. He's the most reliable and a great dad.
You have a good woman, Jay. I'm knee deep in tanks over here and my wife doesn't care "As long as they stay full and quiet." She digs it. Good thing too because I sense another big tank coming my way

Good luck with the caribe! I have been thinking hard about breeding macs. I think I have a solution for the cannibalism.
How many tanks are you running for that many fry, Jay? I only have 7 going at the moment and 4 of those are not piranha tanks. 75 is getting set up today and I have a 30 & 40 waiting in the wings if needed, so I will be up to 11 soon counting the shrimp tanks I'm setting up. The insanity continues I just hope I never have to move LOL
damn you have alot of tanks too. if i didnt already have a bearded dragon, a dozen tarantulas, a 125g with a elong/spilo split, a 65g parent tank and a 25g reef iwould probably set up some stacked 55 or 75 to raise fry. Bravo for all your commitment

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks CLUSTER. I just find it fun. I never really have been able to explain my love for fishkeeping. Raising fry adds a whole new dimension to the hobby for me. You have quite a bit going on there yourself!
And yeah, I have noticed that all the dedicated Piranha keepers here have an illness LOL

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
We all have some illness, but enable eachother as we see eachother as "normal" lol.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Alright here's some fresh vids of my babies. It's been 9 weeks now and I have 150 very healthy fish left from my first batch, and a second batch that's doing great with about 400!

Here they are still in the 38 gallon:

My second batch in the 15gal, I have added hornwort and java moss and the babies love it:

And here is at least 100 9-week-olds in the 110gal tall. My Malawi cichlids had to go lol. These are all sold to lfs but I can't bear to part with them yet hahaha. I still have about 50-60 from this batch in my 38gal. that I want to grow out some more

This is awesome thanks again to everyone for helping me along!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Oh man I feel for you. I have been laid up all week with a chronic back injury. Hope it works out for the best! Glad I abandoned the bucket wc method a long time ago hahaha
I submitted a request for a breeding award to ClusterOne. Hopefully soon I will have that badge in my sig too! I picked up another 15g for fry at the thrift store for $15 so it's looking like instead of my "fish room", it's just going to be a "piranha room" lol.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks sanjo. Yeah, good thing I have a python or i'd be screwed lol. I hear ya with the piranha room thing, my 7 year old daughter has 2 3" reds now lmao.

·
United Federation of Awesome
16,481 Posts
doing great sanjo eel
enjoyed reading thought your thread. keep it up

·
Registered
522 Posts
im with you guys on fish keeping
it is the best i can't have enough tanks is there a real limit on how many one person can have

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
im with you guys on fish keeping
it is the best i can't have enough tanks is there a real limit on how many one person can have
Yeah there's a limit how many you can have. Your limited by how much space to have, how many tanks fill that space,how many fish you can afford to feed, how much time you can devote to maintenance on the. Tanks, how much your willing to spend on all of thee above.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
61 - 80 of 84 Posts