Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sanchezi who loves talapia and calamari, but has no interest in krill. At first I bought the freeze-dried variety and so thought maybe it wasn't as flavorful when he rejected it, so I bought frozen, but still no luck. I'd like him to eat it because I think it would be very nutritious, with the shell and entire body, as compared to tilapia filets which is only flesh. Anyone else have a fish who only dislikes krill?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
My Mac doesnt like krill or silversides, yet my 11" rhom will eat an entire handful of krill if offered... fish I am guessing have different tastes just like humans, they like some things and dont like others. Maybe try offering up some raw shrimp or whole silversides.

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
how big is the fish? if its larger it might not want to waste time and energy on smaller food like krill..

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how big is the fish? if its larger it might not want to waste time and energy on smaller food like krill..
only 3-4"....one krill would make him a good meal

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
interesting..

maybe a fresher or differnt type of food

chcek out kens fish, i got a bag of mysis its much fresher then what you usually get from the LFS, they have a variety of food and when i ordered the shipping was quick and good customer service.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It,s funny how they have different tastes my reds love Krill and pellets but my sanchezi won,t touch either.The Sanchezi loves mysis shrimp and Talapia but the reds won,t even go near them.

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
u can sneak some krill pieces into his favorite food.

Just make a slit in the talapia or watever ur feeding him and add some krill into it. It probably wont notice the diffrence.

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Maybe you could try that garlic extract stuff that you can purchase from your local fish store. I've never used it before, but I've heard good things about it here on the forums.

~Taylor~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts