Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to what people have done with their snakes sheds. I have saved all their sheds from the time I have kept our snakes (except for one that I gave to a teacher so that she could show her students, but I did tell her after handling it to wash their hands with soap and water).

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Great question...

with a few of the snakes we have kept their sheds (mostly with individuals claimed by my wife or children) as they love the look through time it allows......I take my sheds and dried eggs (after the snakes hatch I always have a bunch of egg shell left) to schools, and shows when I do them and give them to students, teachers, etc.. some of the nicersheds are given away by my kids to their friends and I give quite a bit to a few other educational program people to give away to their audiences..the rest go in the compost for the garden....

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
I used to give my sheds to my mom who used to be a pre-school teacher, now I just toss them out. The only sheds I've kept were from my former reticulated python. He died of a respiratory disease at a young age and small size ( for a retic, 10 feet plus). Unfortunately, my cats found those skins and shredded them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.