Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
they will get eaten eventually and they WILL BREED LIKE CRAZY well most of them do i know a guy who had two snails and then he had like 2000 so just be careful...

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
this goes out to who ever knows,, what snails eat plants???

and yes your snail well gett nicked in the feet and die ive tryed 3 so far with no luck so i just gave up on the sucker fish caryfish/blue lobsters,,,,

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Add snails if you dare. Getting eaten wont be as much of a problem as when the reproduce. My buddy got a pair of snails for his tank and ended up have 100's within months. He had to change all the water and boil the rock and decor.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Snails are fine, they will eat left over food and algae. Your Piranhas won't eat them and as long as you don't over feed your Piranhas your snail population will be on check.

Hater

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
im pretty sure the little ones can reproduce asexually. ive had some success with apple snails, i think those need to mate to reproduce
They do reproduce asexually but like I stated in my previous thread, as long as you don't over feed your fishes the snail population will be on check.

Hater

·
Registered
91 Posts
apple snails mean disaster for a planted tank.
Seriously? I just bought two and tossed them in my planted tank. Crap.

[/quote]

I have a mixed of 9 Mystery / Apple snails in a planted tank and they don't even touch the plants.

My RBPs don't bother the snails. When I first put the snails in the RBPs checked them out... realized shell wasn't tasty and have left them alone since. The only fatality to a snail was from my Lobster.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.