Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a certain kinda snail i should get for my p tank...and how many should i get...wanna get something to cut down on the algae..its not terrible but sure looks good when there is none in there =)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i have a hard time trying to get rid of snails. but you can get those big ones they have at some stores. just get 1 if you dont want them to breed.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i get like 4 of em i will have a lifetime supply of them? and what about salt content in the water is that a big issue?

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
snails breed like crazy
and some are hermafadites(spelling)
they will have sex with themselves and breed like there is no tommorrow
so make sure u know what u are getting into

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ewww talk about insest having sex with themselves LOL ya if i start getting too many i will just have to start putting them in our pond thats close by

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
mtx1 said:
ewww talk about insest having sex with themselves LOL ya if i start getting too many i will just have to start putting them in our pond thats close by
u dont understand they become a plaque of biblical perportions in your tank
u have to get some catfish(cant remeber the name)that eat snails

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Death in # said:
u have to get some catfish(cant remeber the name)that eat snails
Clown Loach eats snails

I had mystery snails for a while, I had 3 and they never reproduced. Then I added crayfish and the crayfish liked escargot.

I think apple snails get big and aren't hermaphrodites

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
loads of fish eat snails, they will not make much differance to your algea, only get them if you want snails, not to clean your tank as they wont clean the tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts