Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you keep snails and p's together? after my pleco died my tank seems to be getting dirty really fast and the p's take more sh*t's than my 1 year old son. so i'm wondering what kind of snails should i get to keep my tank clean?

·
Registered
655 Posts
i wouldnt recommend it as im sure u have read before most other species in a p tank become lunch but its up to you ... might as well try it might work for you

my plecos are still alive so the snails just might get lucky

·
Registered
649 Posts
can you keep snails and p's together? after my pleco died my tank seems to be getting dirty really fast and the p's take more sh*t's than my 1 year old son. so i'm wondering what kind of snails should i get to keep my tank clean?
i have tried snails many times large and small with my 4rbp's. your only chance i believe is the small ones that come around when u have live plants. their so small that your p's wont notice them. some people dont like them but i think their cool, their so small and after a while u get a lot of them and i think they make a difference.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
i wouldnt ever add snails. You can come get some out of my tank. Once you have a couple in no time u have a million. It makes me sick when i wake up in the mourning and see them liitle bastards crawing up my glass. I think they came from gravel that i bought from another member.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
the snails will not eat the crap of your piranhas. they do eat leftover food, (dead) plants and algae though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts