Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to quit smoking. I've tried once before with the patches but was not successful. I don't think I really wanted to quit then. Have any of you had success with any products like these? patches, gum, pills ect. Any advice?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
No success for me man.
As long as I have a gf, I will continue to smoke!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I used gum, and liked it a lot. It like overdoses you with nicotine, so you feel like if you smoked a cigarette, you'd get sick. It worked for me.

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
nothing will work w/o the will power behind it...

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
KumbiaQueens said:
well said
also at $10.00 bucks a pack sheesh just think of all the extra fish cash
sorry dude i wish you luck!

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
NIKE said:
KumbiaQueens said:
well said
also at $10.00 bucks a pack sheesh just think of all the extra fish cash
sorry dude i wish you luck!
well I'm absolutely sure thats NOTHING to the amount of money he spends every MONTH on cigarettes

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Very true KQ, I tried to quit 3 times in the past before I finally quit for good 2 and a half years ago. Basically, its all upon your will power and if you're a strong enough person and willing to quit for good. I still get cravings even after 2 and a half years, but I know I will never smoke again. Its all mental, its your life, you control what you want to do. And dont ever pull that "this is my last pack" thing. If your serious, do what I did....Take the pack you got and throw it away now. I threw mine out the car while driving down central and doing some thinking. Best of luck to ya. :smile:

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
Smoking kills, maybe not you, but the people around you. If you really want to quit, set your mind to it, and take it from there. If you're set on the "just one more pack, then I'll quit" deal, then you're going to need more motivation to quit if that's what you really want. Those who are stuck on "just one more pack" never quit, they continue to go on for "just one more pack" which eventually turns into a lifetime of smoking, lung cancer, and death.

Personally, I dont smoke, nor would I ever, because I know I'd kill myself. Not because of smoking in itself, but because of the smoke involved in it. My lungs can't be around any cig smoke or else I'd probly pass out from being oxygen deprived. With the simple slight smell of the smoke, I feel my pipes tighten up, taking away my ability to breathe... It's a scary thing...

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I tried Zyban and it was working. The urge was getting less and less each day. But what they don't tell you is that 1 of 8 people get a allergic reaction to it. It take 2 weeks to slowly build up in your system. I was at 2 weeks 2 days. And bam i started swelling with hives. Then i woke up later that night and could not breath. The muscles around my lungs were constricting. And keeping me from taking just even small breaths of air. I was hospitalised for 1 week. Being pumped with steroids. And breathing treatments (muscle relaxer for lungs) I lost 20 pounds in 1 week. And was on steroids. So i Have learned my lesson on trying easy solutions. And just kept in mind I can do it.
Let me tell you being not able to breath is a terrable way to go. And just think of this way do you wan't to carry around an oxigen tank around with you when your 50. I know how hard it is i smoked fo 15 years. And to tell you the truth i could still start smoking right now. Good luck go natural cold turkie.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Smoke is also toxic to your fish. Do it for them.

You can try smoking like 4 cigaretts at once and get totally sick of them so you never want to smoke again. Kind of like drinking too much and not wanting to drink the next couple of days. I don't smoke though so I don't know

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
My lungs can't be around any cig smoke or else I'd probly pass out from being oxygen deprived. With the simple slight smell of the smoke, I feel my pipes tighten up, taking away my ability to breathe... It's a scary thing...
I know your too young to go out to a bar, but your probaly in favor then of outlawing smoking in bars as CA and recently NYC did. That would be pure hell for me, not being able to smoke at a bar.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've been smoking for 7 years and i'm only 20. I want to quit but i don't there's times when a smoke is awesome to have. I just can't imagine me not smoking, like after a good meal when i get up and have a tea or coffee, those are good times to have a smoke. Cig's costs $7.50 which is a lot of money when u add it up after a month and think about all the money u could save.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Kev wants to quit and all the other stuff doesn't work he has tried it. So I am going to bug him till he does because he has cutdown a lot since I started bugging him. I want him to quit cuz I hate it when he smokes in my car and then when we are not moving and all the windows are down it goes in my face and I ask him are u tryin to kill me. So he knows that it goes in my lungs as well as his own. And he wants to quit for the both of us you just need to either quit cold turkey or have someone supportive behind u so u reduce the amount u smoke, till ur done.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It helps a lot when you're single, trying to find a new girl, that's about the first turn off that they can find is if you smoke, and no one wants to make out with an ash tray, that's why I finally quit. Also, I finally started to hack so hard that my parents were like "Do you smoke?" That's not a good feeling since I ragged on them so hard to quit smoking themselves when I was younger. Hypocrisy is a bitch

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
PCrose no offense.. but are you a chick???

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
RhomZilla said:
PCrose no offense.. but are you a chick???
LoL thanks for noticing, yeah name is Chelsea and I would think you would get that in the name specially since I posted what it stood for.
PrincessChelseaRose=pcrose

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Ha haha funny and that would make u a dragqueen or something since you have a bikini catalog on ur sig. So you haven't found one in ur size and color yet aye? lol roflmao

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Lucky Luciano said:
I've been smoking for 7 years and i'm only 20. I want to quit but i don't there's times when a smoke is awesome to have. I just can't imagine me not smoking, like after a good meal when i get up and have a tea or coffee, those are good times to have a smoke. Cig's costs $7.50 which is a lot of money when u add it up after a month and think about all the money u could save.
hey lucky how long have you been drinking tea & coffee for

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.