Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just think how agressive they will be if you quit smoking.

Seriously though, I'm sure it probably has some effect on them just like smoke residue that ends up on walls or anything else. It probably lands on the water and then just disolves into it.

My P's are at a couple packs a day now.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow never thought about the not smokeing , humm they'd be pissed, Umm gonna try to spot smoking in there room and see what happends.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
My room is practically a smoke room, and I have never noticed the effects on the fish.
Except that might be why some always die when I go away and leave my mates in charge!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wonder if nicotine is released and lands in water. I'm not a smoker so I have no clue. IF it does and is the cause for the yellow stains, then your fish are dead ducks if enough gets in there. Its a theory anyway. Anybody else got some answers?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
when I was much younger my friends sometimes blew smoke through the airstones to see what happens.
nothing did, the fish were fine.

·
Registered
698 Posts
" sometimes blew smoke through the airstones to see what happens." IN the water? that would be kind of hard to do LOL. Besides blowing smoke once or twice won't do much in a tank that is either filtered or large in volume. Come to think of it, the carbon would probably neutralize the metals.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
yes in the water, it is not all that hard! :0

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
yeah, but we were talking about tobacco! :D

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
I'm sure the carbon would absorb any impurties.
then why don't they make ciggerette filters out of it?
and in anyways I don't have carbon in my fish tank.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Innes said:
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
What a goof Innes!!! If they made ciggerette filters out of it then the smoker wouldn't get his fix!!

You don't have carbon? How do you sleep at night? I think the filter media would pick up the smoke. Plus I don't think you could put enough in to do damage, unless you really tried.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
Innes said:
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
What a goof Innes!!! If they made ciggerette filters out of it then the smoker wouldn't get his fix!!

You don't have carbon? How do you sleep at night? I think the filter media would pick up the smoke. Plus I don't think you could put enough in to do damage, unless you really tried.
I do have good filters! - 2x hagen 201 in each 20g tank.
Is it really important to add carbon? - in 16 years of fishkeeping I never have!
and neither did my mum and she kept fish for over 40 years.

as for carbon in tabs, it might help people to quit

·
Registered
467 Posts
No worries I don't keep carbon in my 200g or the 40g. Both are on wet/drys. The 60g has carbon because of the filter cartiridges.

SMTT

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I have to admit I have never been to interested in the equipment,
I really should know what a wet/dry is, but I don't.
What does it do?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts