Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah well, it sucks...

but anyways, i heard that you cant smoke out in the open, like outside buildings, but when i did a little research on this, i only read you cant smoke in enclosed places....

so does anyone really know what the regulations/rules/nazi-laws are?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does that mean inside only?

i looked up on ohio's smoke free site and it says no smoking in public places or places of employment. they defined a public place as any enclosure where the public is welcome...

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
does that mean inside only?

i looked up on ohio's smoke free site and it says no smoking in public places or places of employment. they defined a public place as any enclosure where the public is welcome...
yeah inside or within like 15 feet of doorways and windows..

but bars and restuarants can still have smoking

but anywhere that can be public besides bars and etc. you cant smoke in..

doesnt bother me since i dont smoke but sucks for others i guess

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
We have that here in a city called Belmont, Ca.. you cant smoke outside ANYWHERE, not even in the front of your house, but only inside IF YOUR THE HOME OWNER.

a couple of miles up in Burlingame, Ca you cant even spit out in public or you'd receive a ticket.

Damn Right-Wingers. Always thinking whats best for everyone else but themselves.

Biz*natches

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only places in ohio that you can smoke in are smoke shops and bars that get 80% or more of their money from tobbacco and alcohol

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
lol bout time ya stepped into the present. expect this to happen everywhere.
You can blaim your fellow smokers for it. Too FEW smokers have any consideration for anyone but themselves and could care less about who they share their death with. because its their "right" to smoke. lol pathetic.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
You can blaim your fellow smokers for it. Too FEW smokers have any consideration for anyone but themselves and could care less about who they share their death with. because its their "right" to smoke. lol pathetic.
*blame.

and yeah i like the new laws.. hell why should i breath in their sin sticks? Long live the Land of the Free!

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
We've had that here for AGES. And it includes bars, clubs and pubs... I've never minded it whatsoever. And always thought it was a good thing. Even when I was smoking.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
In Ohio, you can't somke in any resuraunt or bar regardless of how much business they get from booze. You can smoke on a patio but nothing inside the establishment.

Not trying to hate on illnino but being a non-smoker I am glad I can go out to a bar and come back home not smelling like smoke.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Damn young kids in their booming car stereos I shouldnt have to hear that sh*t, that invades my personal space more then me smoking does others space.They should ban all car stereo systems, no "consideration" for others when they drive around with that stuff blasting..

I live in farm country, damn farmers, why do I have to smell that manuare when they out it on their fields growing their crops.....they should ban farming.......

My point is, no bass doesnt ruin my health, but that sh*t invades my house, and that farmers stuff I can smell on my porch, not someone driving by with a ciggerette though, My thought is if you dont like it stay home, I could probually think of other sh*t that truely invades your personal space...........

I really dont care that they banned smoking....btw, I think it was supposed to happen in ohio this week, this morning in my shop my guys were getting ready smoking them up...........lol.........

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
We have that here in a city called Belmont, Ca.. you cant smoke outside ANYWHERE, not even in the front of your house, but only inside IF YOUR THE HOME OWNER.

a couple of miles up in Burlingame, Ca you cant even spit out in public or you'd receive a ticket.

Damn Right-Wingers. Always thinking whats best for everyone else but themselves.

Biz*natches
Right-Wingers ? Restrictions on public smoking are typically a cause championed by the Left...

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Damn young kids in their booming car stereos I shouldnt have to hear that sh*t, that invades my personal space more then me smoking does others space.They should ban all car stereo systems, no "consideration" for others when they drive around with that stuff blasting..

I live in farm country, damn farmers, why do I have to smell that manuare when they out it on their fields growing their crops.....they should ban farming.......

My point is, no bass doesnt ruin my health, but that sh*t invades my house, and that farmers stuff I can smell on my porch, not someone driving by with a ciggerette though, My thought is if you dont like it stay home, I could probually think of other sh*t that truely invades your personal space...........

I really dont care that they banned smoking....btw, I think it was supposed to happen in ohio this week, this morning in my shop my guys were getting ready smoking them up...........lol.........
[/quote]

Gee.. I don't think I recall anyone in the history of the earth dieing from second hand sound.
I used to live across from a dairy my whole life. I'm still alive.

If I don't like it I should stay home? HAHAHH Ok lets get back into reality. Reality of it is Its not just bars. Where smoking is legal They smoke everywhere. Busstops. parks, bars, sporting events, grocery stores, Every area of our society has to put up with some jackass that wants to impose his self destroying habbit onto everyone else.
Let me make this clear. Smokers are the minority. The rest of society that has pulled their heads out of the tobacco companies asses and aren't stuck in a pointless habbit don't want to have to stay home because a small group of idiots feel it is their right to smoke wherever the hell they please.

Check it I live in WA. It rains alot up here. So usually at the bus stop everyone is under the overhang that the nice metro system has provided for us. And tho its cold its not so bad. But Why is it then the smokers think that just because its raining they have to stand under the 4x10 litle busstop area and light one up? I know your answer why don't I get an umbrella and stand away. Well I ask why dosen't that person do the same? After all it is THEM that decided they wanted to be one of the "cool" people that light um up. Well Mr. Cool should stand aside (at least 25' away by law) from any public establishments or exceptions of designated outdoor areas.. Thats the cost of smoking. Do it all you like in your home. Unless you have a child. Because then you are taking away their right to have a healthy life. Otherwise hey if thats the way one wants to take themselves out. Go for it.
I'm not going to say don't smoke. Hey I consider it thining the herd. Theres too many damn people on this planet as is. And 400,000 people a year is a good way of doing it. But society has accepted that it is bad for you and only an fool would argue against that long term effects of smoking are a horrible killer. It basically tells you as much on the package. We GET IT. Its you that dosen't get it if you think smokers should be able to light up in a middle of a crowd of people.
Don't think of it as non smokers are trying to keep you down. They just don't want you to take them down with you. And now the laws are reflecting that. So there you go. If people can not do the right thing on their own eventually the goverment has to tell us to.
Wanna argue about obeasity, fast food and trans fat next? I got a good one on that one too.

BTW this is not even a Political issue. This is just an issue about bettering society.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts

[/quote]

Gee.. I don't think I recall anyone in the history of the earth dieing from second hand sound.
I used to live across from a dairy my whole life. I'm still alive.

If I don't like it I should stay home? HAHAHH Ok lets get back into reality. Reality of it is Its not just bars. Where smoking is legal They smoke everywhere. Busstops. parks, bars, sporting events, grocery stores, Every area of our society has to put up with some jackass that wants to impose his self destroying habbit onto everyone else.
Let me make this clear. Smokers are the minority. The rest of society that has pulled their heads out of the tobacco companies asses and aren't stuck in a pointless habbit don't want to have to stay home because a small group of idiots feel it is their right to smoke wherever the hell they please.

Check it I live in WA. It rains alot up here. So usually at the bus stop everyone is under the overhang that the nice metro system has provided for us. And tho its cold its not so bad. But Why is it then the smokers think that just because its raining they have to stand under the 4x10 litle busstop area and light one up? I know your answer why don't I get an umbrella and stand away. Well I ask why dosen't that person do the same? After all it is THEM that decided they wanted to be one of the "cool" people that light um up. Well Mr. Cool should stand aside (at least 25' away by law) from any public establishments or exceptions of designated outdoor areas.. Thats the cost of smoking. Do it all you like in your home. Unless you have a child. Because then you are taking away their right to have a healthy life. Otherwise hey if thats the way one wants to take themselves out. Go for it.
I'm not going to say don't smoke. Hey I consider it thining the herd. Theres too many damn people on this planet as is. And 400,000 people a year is a good way of doing it. But society has accepted that it is bad for you and only an fool would argue against that long term effects of smoking are a horrible killer. It basically tells you as much on the package. We GET IT. Its you that dosen't get it if you think smokers should be able to light up in a middle of a crowd of people.
Don't think of it as non smokers are trying to keep you down. They just don't want you to take them down with you. And now the laws are reflecting that. So there you go. If people can not do the right thing on their own eventually the goverment has to tell us to.
Wanna argue about obeasity, fast food and trans fat next? I got a good one on that one too.

BTW this is not even a Political issue. This is just an issue about bettering society.
[/quote]

All the anti tobacco campaigns got you believing everything huh.All the stand commercials......Your chances of dying from second hand smoke have gotta be 10 million to one easily, especially if you live in a smoke free home, and only smell it/breathe it at bars and restaraunts.........and apparrently bus stops in Wa.....lol.......

Sure smoking kills smokers, Im sure second hand smoke kills spouses of smokers, but rarely is anyone dying from second hand smoke at bus stops and restaraunts.

I dont care, I dont even smoke anymore.

If they ban smoking completely, get ready to pay all the taxes that wont be collected from it, because it will have to be made up somewhere.

Whats the difference between you smelling smoke/breathing smoke at a bus stop, and me listening to that loud music in my house????????? That music invades my personal home, that smoke doesnt unless I let it .

No I dont really care about loud music, just an example.

Should they ban skydiving and bungee jumping???How about rock climbing?? Bet more people die from that each year then second hand smoke in public places......

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
"Second Hand Smoke" HaHaHaaaaaa!!!!! O.k. so second hand smoke may or may not kill the poor people that breathe it in a restraunt or bar....It is their choice to eat or drink there....How about the poor lady driving home from work when WHAMMM a drunk driver plows her???? They gonna reinstate prohibition next??? The numbers are there drunk drivers kill tons of people every year who have no say in where they get run into....unlike that second hand smoke that people CHOOSE to breathe by going where people smoke...Just another way for uncle sam to show the people of this country who wears the pants.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You should move to TN, it dosn't suck. I recall global warming and the oil thing that contridicts itself.

People say that in like 50 years we will have mass weather movements from burning fossil fuels, but at the same time the retards say we might have 30 years of oil left to burn. Thats 20 years of nothing.

Funny? I think so.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
In Ohio, you can't somke in any resuraunt or bar regardless of how much business they get from booze. You can smoke on a patio but nothing inside the establishment.

Not trying to hate on illnino but being a non-smoker I am glad I can go out to a bar and come back home not smelling like smoke.
Same here. I loved the law when it was for the city of Columbus. Go to the bar and not smell like smoke. Then went to a bar in cincinnati and the law wasn't in place there and it sucked ass. Now I'm happy cause if I visit my family I can leave, go to the bar and not have to worry about smelling like crap.

And don't worry, most places got space heaters for smokers outside.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I quit 6 weeks ago but still think the law in principle goes too far. Might as well make smoking illegal if you can't do it at a dive bar. As far as second-hand smoke, I've noticed since I quit how sick it makes me sitting next to smokers, who generally don't give a sh*t. I could care less what the statistics say, I can tell that 2nd hand smoke is deadly by what it does to my lungs now that I don't smoke any more. I think any one who still smokes needs to go visit a hospital where Lung Cancer and emphazeema patients reside. Go see what it does to you. It's easy to smoke when you're under 30, but once you cross a certain line you can feel it slowly taking your life away. Think about it. How many people over 55 do you see smoking? By then you either have to quit or concede to dropping dead.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts