Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jus had a quick ?. i have smelt the siz of a finger and a half that i get fro mthe local supermarket and feed that to my P's. i was jus wounderin how long do i have to thaw the smelt? i get sum tank water n put the small pieces of smelt in there and let it sit for a couple hours and then throw them in the tank. idk but i heard u have to thaw over nite or sumthn. but for smelt the size i have is that neccesary? i keep them frozen and then thaw for couple hours. if anyone knows i would appreciate it. thanks alot

·
Registered
250 Posts
as long as they are not frozen or cold to the touch they are ok. just make sure they are at least room temp and they will be fine. I feed my ps smelt all the time . the only problem is smelt stink up your hands even the frozen ones.

·
Registered
482 Posts
throw some water in the micro and then add smelt to the warmed up water. When its soft your set. Are the smelt your referring to come in a large clear bag, if so I feed some of mine the same stuff. Its good to feed your p's whole fish like those.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool thanks alot, i will do what ya'll have said. yea it come in a clear bag n they are whole, sum of the smelt still have eyes in them. 1 more ?, wat about scallops? same thing wit them as well? once again thanks alot

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I just fill a bowl up with hot water, put the smelt in a sandwich bag and change the water a few times. Usually only takes about 10 minutes to thaw.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just leave my smelt on a plate on top of the tank, where its warm from the lights, and its thawed within 20mins.

Obviously a larger fish will take a little longer.

Not sure what a scallop is so cant answer that really.

·
Registered
13 Posts
sry for going kinda off topic and asking a dumb question but, whats wrong with partially frozen food?
is it bad for p's
whata bout frozen blood worms and such?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts