Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought some smelt today at the grocery store. ive never seen it before prior to that. well i fed thios stuff to my reds and they went CRAZY. they love this stuff. my friends are very impressed wehn i show them my ps attacking the smelt.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
good..nice to see your p enjoy it ..

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Death in # said:
u bastard i cant find smelt anywhere near me i looked all over
Smelt is considered small little fish. Why dont you just buy some shrimp also, freeze it then serve?? Plus smelt is a good way to enhance the red/color of your Ps...

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
my pacu's have a nice red underbelly my reds have a little red maybe the smelt will help bring out the color (they mostly feed on krill,freeze dried shrimp and the ocassional feeder)

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Wait, is smelt fish or shrimp? I went to the grocery store and asked for smelt in the fish section. The guy just looked at me puzzeled. I thought it was a type of fish.

~Dj

·
Registered
696 Posts
it is fish, i go through a whole large bag of smelt a week, the p's love it, all natural no preservatives, cleaned and beheaded so it is all good, thaw it in a strainer and throw it in there and wam a feeding frenzy.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
o snap its eric said:
is it safe to leave the head in. i think i might have seen some fresh one in them asain markets.
Should be no problem: I usually feed my reds smelt with head and guts included, and they eat it as quickly as the gutted and beheaded ones...

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Just dont leave uneaten food in the tank for too long. I have seen salmon heads for sale before, and I think that I used to feed them to my old reds. Just make sure you dont get lazy, with any food, and leave it in the tank for an extended period of time. Doing so will invite thost [email protected] little white wroms that are just nasty.

~Dj

1 - 15 of 15 Posts