Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shrimp or Smelt, when feeding your p's. i think its shrimp that sh*t smells so bad and makes the water smell. But smelt i'v felt in my tank over night and not a smell, can't say the same for shrimp.

· Registered
7,229 Posts
Fresh shrimp should not have a strong odor at all. I feed my Ps shirmp all the time and my water don't smell. Don't leave the shrimp in your tank for more than 10 min.

· Oh, SNAP!
3,669 Posts
You want to smell really stinky shrimp? leave one in your room and forget about it for two days:agh: . I was done feeding my Ps and they were full so I left one in the cup I use to thaw them and forgot about until two days later when the stench got really bad, it almost made me puke when I went to get rid of it.

· Banned
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn jac, you must of not been in your room for a long time, cause they start to stink within the hour, i left one in my room once and forgot about it came back like an hour later, and my room smelled like something died in it

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
What kind of shrimp are you feeding? Regular shrimp doesnt produce alot of odors unless close to rottening. Mud Shrimp.. now that IS awefull. best lure to catching Sturgeons, but damn.. the stentch is disgusting.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
I use shrimp as a staple for more than two years now, but I've never had any problems with it stinking up the tank...
The only items that caused the tank to smell were certain types of fish fillet (forgot which ones, as I've never used them again after finding out).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.