Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rodgers' Aquatics
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be getting a rhom in like 2 weeks. I've got a 200 gallon tank with 12 RBP's in it, a 75 with 2 RBPs (Babies), a 55 with a common wolf fish, and a 42 hex with a figure 8 puffer.

I'm thinking about moving the puffer to my 10 gal since he wont get much bigger anyway.

Should i put my wolf in my 42 hex? he seemed to like it before when i had him in there temporarily, then put my rhom in my 55? Or would it be ok to put my rhom in a 42 hex?

What do you all think? I don't want to put a tiger in a dog house

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
A 3/4 in. S. rhombeus grow to about 9 inches or so in about 2 years approx. After that, the growth rate diminishes considerably. I would not house a rhombeus in less than 100G.

·
Rodgers' Aquatics
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be building a 125 this summer for him...but in the mean time i think he'll be 3-4"..which tank should he go in for like 3 months?

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
For the short term the hexagon will be fine. I recommend keeping S. rhombeus in deeper wider tanks simply because they dwell in deep water where the currents are fast. A long tank might be fine, but it would need sufficient space on width to give the fish plenty of turn around.

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
hastatus said:
For the short term the hexagon will be fine. I recommend keeping S. rhombeus in deeper wider tanks simply because they dwell in deep water where the currents are fast. A long tank might be fine, but it would need sufficient space on width to give the fish plenty of turn around.
[snapback]900052[/snapback]​
that's why I like my 120 the dims are 48 x 24 x 24, plenty of room to do laps around the tank.

·
Rodgers' Aquatics
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be building 4 120 gallon tanks this summer that are 24" x 24" x 48" =) that's what he'll go into

·
Rodgers' Aquatics
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I build tanks out of plywood and I would really like to get into creating backgrounds from styrofoam and putting them in my tanks...I mean..If i cover the back and both sides with "rock" then it wouldn't matter what the tank was made from...here's a pic of my 200 gallon tank I've got...and yes i want to sell them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts