Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason he just wasn't growing even though I saw him eat a lot. Then when i came home last night, i saw one of the jewel ciclids picking on something and i was like wtf is that.

Half the face of the smallest P.

I never saw any aggression but I guess it was time for one of them to go. He must have been the weakest one. But this all happened after 5 months of owning?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7 in a 55.

They range from 3 to 4. he was the smallest and I fed them tilapia, no gold fish, just tilapia and shrimp

I also had a pleco that just died, no bite marks nothing, he was chillin at the powerhead one day getting his belly sucked up but he was alive.

After that a few days later his head was getting sucked up(but no bite marks) dead in the water.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i had them when they were all smaller. Im getting rid of 3 so I will have just 4 in the tank.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i had them when they were all smaller. Im getting rid of 3 so I will have just 4 in the tank.
With just 4, you might want to upgrade up to a 75 gal with good filteration in the near future.
[/quote]

I was planning on it since i was getting a 75 for free. But I have no space and the time to do all that stuff by myself.

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
its not hard to do water changes bro, just do 30% every three days and ur good to go.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
as said 7 in a 55 is a tad small and i also seems as though the little one might have been singled out as a weak link in your ish tank............

sorry for your los though.................

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
its not hard to do water changes bro, just do 30% every three days and ur good to go.
yah man i agree...some people make threads cus they or freinds thinnk fish keeping is too much work bla bla bla....its not, if youlove your fish then its a breeze...try a 20-30% waterchange every couple days..and the fish would be happier...and maybe cut down the load of fish in your tank to when you get a chance, or pick up another tank

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its not hard to do water changes, but The sink is far away form my room. hahaha

I didn't care about doing it, but time is an issue, i have like na hour to myself when i get hoem before i go to sleep.

I will try to give away 3 fish then do more water changes. I'm sure the bioload is what was making hte water stink like crazy.

I have an Aquaclear 20 with all carbon and 1 sponge. and emp 350 with 4 filters. i was thinking of upgrading to an aquaclear 110 to get rid of that smell but i think its just the amount of fish.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Its not hard to do water changes, but The sink is far away form my room. hahaha

I didn't care about doing it, but time is an issue, i have like na hour to myself when i get hoem before i go to sleep.

I will try to give away 3 fish then do more water changes. I'm sure the bioload is what was making hte water stink like crazy.

I have an Aquaclear 20 with all carbon and 1 sponge. and emp 350 with 4 filters. i was thinking of upgrading to an aquaclear 110 to get rid of that smell but i think its just the amount of fish.
do you gravel vac or anything...there really shouldnt be that much smell...unless theres dead fish/food in the water....i have like 30 2" feeders in my 10g...my water barely barely smells....so im not sure man

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
the smell might be rotting food....

if u really really really wanna get rid of the smell, use carbon in ur filters....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put 2 carbon inserts for the aquaclear and a sponge, it does nothing.

I will do a full clean this week, I will remove all of the decor and get everything done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts