Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my mixed pygo tank setup for 4-5 months now. When i first got the fish, they would run away very quickly as soon as anyone went near the tank. But in the last month i have noticed the fish have almost lost all of their skittishness, and are becoming more personable. They are starting to remind me of an oscar i had years back. I put my hand up to the glass and they swim right up to it. I didnt think this was possible when i saw how skittish they were when i got them. I am very happy about this and i was wondering if this is normal, or rare? Thanks

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Mine do that also. They come up to greet me as i feed them. They all swim around the front when i walk up. Don't get me wrong they still freak, but not nearly as much. A bigger tank helps them too. When they were in a smaller tank they would damn near crack the glass and heaters.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I know my pirayas aren't skittish even when I first got them. My old caribe tank, they were very skittish everytime I walk by they would splash and go crazy and they were in a 125g. My friend that has them now, says they are still very skittish. I hate skittish fish, its just irritating when you go up close to the tank and the go wild. I'm glad I don't have that problem anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts